Home General Discussion

Cigar Sciences system

Great day for a good smoke. Has anyone here heard of or use Cigar Sciences stuff? I have ordered (2) XL sized humidifiers for my Winadore build. Thank You.

Comments

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of them...but welcome to the forum!!!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After spending some time looking at their site, some things come to mind.
    There is no indication as to what the product is. What humidity level it will maintain (I know it says 60-70%, but that isn't accurate enough for me) and how efficient it is.
    There is no comments on how much water is add or charged.
    Whether they are pre-charged or you charge them or what.

To be honest, the lack of information on the site that I could find, bothers me.
    But they have a bunch of links to press releases and announcements.

I don't know, maybe I didn't look good enough.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    After spending some time looking at their site, some things come to mind.
    There is no indication as to what the product is. What humidity level it will maintain (I know it says 60-70%, but that isn't accurate enough for me) and how efficient it is.
    There is no comments on how much water is add or charged.
    Whether they are pre-charged or you charge them or what.

To be honest, the lack of information on the site that I could find, bothers me.
    But they have a bunch of links to press releases and announcements.

I don't know, maybe I didn't look good enough.
    I saw that you can choose a humidity level, much like heartfelt. Never used em, but hope it works!!

I believe many guys find that wineadors suck up humidity and need a lot of humidification. There are a few threads here, one on seasoning a humidor (wineador) with kitty litter if you need a reference. Dunno how far along in the process you are.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4lines I am at step 3 I have removed all of the plastic smell. I am waiting on the humidifiers and cedar trays to arrive. I have a bowl 1/2 full of distilled water and turned on, temp is set at 60 F two of my Hygrometers are reading 55% and 64 F. I am going this was to keep my temps controlled. Central California is HOT and I cant keep the temp below 78 in my Humidor. The owner of this system e mailed me last week and has a full refund or replacement for one full year. Thanks for your input. I will post a pic soon when I completed the build.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, I hope it goes well. Yes, show us how it turns out!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    hate to say this, and i have seen these being used, you could of just order 5lbs of heartfelt beads with what ever RH you wanted,

one of my buds uses this and he had to buy beads just to assist with these, get a veggie rinse bag amazon sells a 5-6 pk 1gl size, load with heartfelt beads use a large tupper in a temp controlled room and spray until the rh is where it's suppose to be,

what you have to keep in mind with wineadors is that the internals are plastic, plastic does not retain water hence it can't be seasoned to hold water, i keep reading around here people seasoning a empty wineador why? thats a question for another time.

what holds water is the cedar shelves or trays or what ever your using thats cedar, those need to be seasoned get your wood in place, get your beads wet and ready and place in the wineador wait about a week maybe 2 depends on how much cedar is in there, in the mean time keep watching humidity levels and spray with more water if needed, once you got it stable say 2-3 weeks straight, your good to go.

this is very simple i have 7 wineadors all holding between 68-72% rh temps are 66-70*,

just get beads or KL whcih ever you prefer, not complicated stuff just takes time to get everything right.