Home General Discussion

Genesis Revisited

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the beginning, Rocky Patel combined some Dominican and Nicaraguan ligero and wrapped it in a natural Honduran broadleaf wrapper. He called it the Vintage 1990. And it was good.

And it came to pass that a couple years went by and he took the same fillers and binder and wrapped it in a 10 year old Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper. He called it the Vintage 1992. And it was good.

As the ages went by he foresaw yet another miracle. He took the original blend of filler and binder and to it he added BOTH the Honduran broadleaf wrapper and the Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper. He called it the Fusion. And it was good.

In fact, it was better than good. It bordered on being orgasmic. But, alas, more time went by and suddenly, from out of the heavens appeared a cigar by Rocky Patel called the Fusion. But this fusion had a different band and a different flavor. No longer were my erotic urges placated by setting fire to a Fusion as in days past. And it wasn't so good.

Anybody got a clue as to WTF happened?? LOL

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Aww. I thought this was going to be about Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    No idea what you were getting at in the second half of your post, (cant tell if your saying the Fusion changed and no longer like it or what) but I do like the 1990 the best out of all those you mentioned.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    No idea what you were getting at in the second half of your post, (cant tell if your saying the Fusion changed and no longer like it or what) but I do like the 1990 the best out of all those you mentioned.

I think my point, in general, is that Patel has a habit of **** around with a winner until it's no longer a winner. I tried to inject a bit of humor into it as well. Evidently that part didn't work out as planned.

This isn't the first blend he's done this to. To be more specific with regard to the Fusion, I was kinda hoping someone knew for sure why he changed it and in what way.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    I tried to inject a bit of humor into it as well. Evidently that part didn't work out as planned.

Not nessecerly, it's probably just me. I am a bit slow sometimes.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    jlmarta:
    I tried to inject a bit of humor into it as well. Evidently that part didn't work out as planned.

Not nessecerly, it's probably just me. I am a bit slow sometimes.

No worries, my friend. My humor's a bit quirky from time to time. Okay, frequently.... LOL