Home Cigar 101

My Humidor

For the life of me I cannot figure this out. For my one year anniversary my wife went out and bought me a 400 count humidor. She really over did herself. She had my name engraved on it and it has a glass top. This thing is nice. I followed the directions and filled the humidor full of distilled water just like some of the guys on the forms told me too. I waited about 36 hours and then dumped the water. Now my lid is warped and I am having some seal issues. And there is another thing, my digital hygrometer stopped working. I put it in the bottom of the humidor when I was seasoning it. WTF! Can someone please tell me what went wrong?

Comments

• You filled your HUMIDOR? with water.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    Well on your NEXT humidor you might want to just slighty wipe the inside down with distilled water instead of soaking it. Sounds like you probably ruined it. I have never heard of filling one up with water for 3 days.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    you probably would have gotten us if you didn't go too far and say you put your hygrometer in there. Even a nOOb knows not to do that
  • Cole54Cole54 Posts: 18
    Wow... seriously?

That sucker is done, sorry. I think you misunderstood someone's instructions.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side, a gallon of distilled water only cost you $.99!
  • Cole54Cole54 Posts: 18
    YankeeMan:

That is literally the only possible bright side.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Oh man, this is really bad news. I think your humi isn't going to perform very well. I've never heard of filling one up with water, actually I'm surprised it didn't leak.
  • Cole54:
    YankeeMan:
    That is literally the only possible bright side.
    I bet a 400 count holds more than a few gallons.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I would buy a new one and then burn the warped evidence!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ironhorse:
    you probably would have gotten us if you didn't go too far and say you put your hygrometer in there. Even a nOOb knows not to do that
    He went a little too far. There's no way...
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I call bull ***!
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    leonard:
    I call bull ***!
    I second that!
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I de-second. This guy may be serious...http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/75353.aspx
  • this dude cannot be serious. if he is that's some funny *** right there.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    troll. but funny.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    You know what, next time you get a humi, just send it to me. If you have a cigar shop near you, go in there and start asking people how to get into this hobby and take notes.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    LOL! send me your humi, I could use some good cedar for my smoker.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    Sounds like a series of unfortunate events!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    JZ:
    Sounds like a series of unfortunate events!
    Or a comedy of errors.