Home Cigar 101

Cracked Foot

One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
First let me state that I am a really lucky guy. My birthday is this coming thurs. and my lovely girlfriend bought me the Gurkha x10 deal and a few singles for my birthday.

I love what she picked out.

However, there is a slight problem. She got me one Gurkha Turk, which I haven't tried but am looking forward to, as when I smoke a cigar earlier in the day sometimes I like a conecticut wrapper. The problem is the wrapper is cracked starting at the foot and going up maybe 3/4" or so. Should I not worry about it and smoke it? Will it cause problems? Should I exchange it? I've never had this problem before and looking for input on what to do.

Thanks

Comments

• If I were you I would smoke it and it would probably burn just fine, but if you really wanted to get it replaced Ccom would probably do it for you, the amazing customer service that they have.
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    I have had cigars with cracks at the foot that gave me no problems. I would smoke it. Let us know what you decide and how it works out for ya.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Well it's not going to get any better, but you can get pectin in most grocery stores and use that to help shore up the crack. Or use good ole fashioned spit and start praying that the stick doesn't explode on you.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    If it was bought from a reputable company exchanging should not be a problem. If that is not an option, then just be gentle with it. It may unravel some, but the binder probably should hold it together.
  • I've had a couple cracked like you say and i found that if you take it easy it will be just fine.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    It was bought from Ccom, so no worries about them taking care of it. I personally don't think it is a big deal, I am just worried that if I try to smoke it and the thing comes apart then I have no cigar and can't really exchange it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had a couple that burned all wacky due to being split on the end. It depends if it's just the wrapper or if it goes into the filler. That could be an issue.
  • i've tried one turk and the damn thing unraveled on me. it was worthless.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Just wanted to let everyone know, once again, why Ccom is the best place to get sticks from on the net. Jeff took care of the situation most painlessly and, IMO, went above and beyond.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    Just wanted to let everyone know, once again, why Ccom is the best place to get sticks from on the net. Jeff took care of the situation most painlessly and, IMO, went above and beyond.
    Three Cheers for Cigar.com!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    speaking of a cracked foot wasn't that what happened to dutyje ...wonder how that guys been ...he wasn't very far from me , about 60 miles SE ...anybody heard from him lately ?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    No geno, It's een a while since Duty posted. He does " Drive by" from time to time . I see he has been on line checking out posts. He answered a PM I sent him awhile ago, He's good, and I'm sure he thinks of the group from time to time. I'm sure work, family, friends, and life in general are his first concern right now. Perhaps he'll read this and reply. I miss the guy.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    No geno, It's een a while since Duty posted. He does " Drive by" from time to time . I see he has been on line checking out posts. He answered a PM I sent him awhile ago, He's good, and I'm sure he thinks of the group from time to time. I'm sure work, family, friends, and life in general are his first concern right now. Perhaps he'll read this and reply. I miss the guy.

Yeah I miss him too ...