Home Cigar 101

Should I put a box of cigar in a humidor or ????

yongycyongyc Posts: 16
Dear all,
I have another question about storing cigars. Just bought 2 boxes of cigars and should I put those boxes in my humidor or I have to take them off from the box and put them in the desk top humidor?

Thanks

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    If you have a humidor large enough to accommodate the box's there is nothing wrong with storing the cigars in their original box inside a humidor.

Many with the cool-a-dor's my self included will keep the cigars in the original box right inside the cooler. If I had a large cabinet humidor I would love to see all my cigars in their original box
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    If you have a humidor large enough to accommodate the box's there is nothing wrong with storing the cigars in their original box inside a humidor.

Many with the cool-a-dor's my self included will keep the cigars in the original box right inside the cooler. If I had a large cabinet humidor I would love to see all my cigars in their original box
    This guy speaks the truth
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    It's fine to do this and there is the opinion that others say you want to expose your cigars to the temp/RH of your storage environment to get the maximum exposure. I've done it both ways and I don't see any difference so using the box is actually a better idea to keep your inventory of cigars in their own box if you can.
  • yongycyongyc Posts: 16
    Td forthe info