Home General Discussion
Options

New to the Site

As well as new to the Cigar world. So I'd like to say I've read some great posts from you guys to help catch me up on this world!! And I look forward to sharing my thoughts and comments as well. Started on the golf course a few weeks back as We picked up some MAXX's and one other I can't recall off hand but I'm gonna find the name to that Cigar as well. And I enjoyed the experience. And just yesterday as I bought a new Golf carrier case, the guy also had Humidors at his house he offered to sell me and Man after looking on ebay the past 2 weeks I got a steal of a deal. (20.00)(has top tray, spanish cedar, nice big open bottom with divider, the works for me anyways) and included cigars like Cohiba, La Flor Dominicana, Padron, Romeo Y Julieta and so on. The box is a good one, I wish it had a name on it though. Anyways wanted to give a Hello to all and a bit of info on the newbie I am but I'm off and running....!!!!

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Golf and Cigars do well together don't they. And $20 for a humidor AND some sticks is a great deal... I mean GREAT!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard! Let us know how your journey into cigars goes! Any questions just ask, I'm no expert but there are some on this thread!

Happy Smoking!!!

Nate
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey shoot, Nice to have you here.. You really did steal that box with the sticks.. Don't be shy either there are lots of great people here, as you will find out..
  • Options
    shootg32shootg32 Posts: 11
    What part of wisconsin Lasabar are you from as I'm from the appleton area...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    shootg32:
    What part of wisconsin Lasabar are you from as I'm from the appleton area...

Milwaukee area, western suburb Wauwatosa
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome to the site and the Maxx are very fine smoking cigars...
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Welcome Shoot...a lot of good people on these boards.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board shoot.

BTW nice pick up with the humii and sticks.
  • Options
    Markbb:
    I've only had one but boy it sure did the trick for me so I'm hoping next one will do the same!!
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    shootg32:
    Markbb:
    I've only had one but boy it sure did the trick for me so I'm hoping next one will do the same!!
    I've had 5 so far, and they ALL have done it for me. I like the spices that you pick up while smoking them.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hey, Shoot.. just noticed you're in Charlotte.. I'm near Ballantyne.. Just thought I'd say howdy from the QC.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Hey, Shoot.. just noticed you're in Charlotte.. I'm near Ballantyne.. Just thought I'd say howdy from the QC.
    Hey man, Thanks for doing so!! I've lived the past 6 years down in Naples/Fort myers Florida area and now me and the wife live in Charlotte and right in the Ballantyne area as well. Ha-Ha small world!! If you play any golf let me know as I like to get out anytime. Take it easy Dutyje
  • Options
    I love golf and used to play all the time. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back in 2001, and have since re-prioritized my life. I want to make sure I get as much time in on my ultra-active hobbies as possible before my physical abilities deteriorate. I gave away my golf clubs and turned my full-time attenion to soccer and ice hockey.

These days, my body can't take the abuse of soccer, so I gave that up when my son was born (4+ years ago) and I picked up rock climbing. Now, I stick to ice hockey, rock climbing, and backpacking. I've also resumed playing the piano, and figure I'll get as good as I can while my fingers can still move. Golf is on the horizon for me, and will be something I take up as I get too old, or my disease progresses, to take to the ice or make the long approach to some tough climbs.

This is all much to the chagrin of one of the analysts on my team. He loves golf and gets out any chance he can. For some reason, he believes me to be high-ranking enough (I'm not) to get some free golf or write it off as a business expense. I still enjoy playing quite a bit, but I try not to get in a group where I'll painfully slow down the entire crew. My skills aren't polished at all any more, and I need to get out regularly just to be competent.

Let me know if you find a good B&M in Charlotte with a solid selection. I've been to Charlie's, and I like the place, but they don't have nearly as broad a selection as I'd hope. Many people I know make the drive up to JR, but I haven't been there and assumed it'd really only be worthwhile if I were a box purchaser. In the meantime, I do my shopping on this site and one or two others around.

• Options
    Thanks guys......
  • Options
    Hey Shoot, no chance of offending me. What kind of work are you looking to do? I bounce back and forth between the two banks, working in Consumer Real Estate Technology. Obviously, my job isn't exactly on secure footing these days, either. I know some people around both banks, and I can give them a shout to see if anything's going on. The outlook isn't so good around here, though.