Home Cigar 101
Options

Alec Bradley MAXX

smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
So I was at my B&M today and a friend gifted me with an Alec Bradley MAXX. Can anyone tell me what I can expect from this cigar??

Comments

• Options
    oops I meant to post this in reviews
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    POWER! it's called the Maxx for a reason. The only size I've ever had was the Fix, but overall I liked it. If you like smooth maduro cigars then It's a good one for you if you can handle the power. It has a strong tobacco flavor, but it's surrounded by coffee and dark chocolate. It's almost like smoking a dark whiskey. It'll creep up on you tho, because it's so smooth, so watch out.
  • Options
    Hey thanks! This one has 5 mo. on it now. I may let it set for another 5 or 6 before I smoke it.
  • Options
    i had one not to long ago and overall it was a good smoke. I had one of those monster sizes that felt like it lasted for hours. The taste got kind of boring after the 1st hour or so.. but overall id check em out again in a smaller size.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The MAXX is a smooth maduro, medium to heavy body, and delicious. I've got a few in the humidor from a 5 pack I picked up in August. Wonderful cigar.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    5 Months, man, I'd light that sucker up. I might save one that long if I had a few to begin with, but I wouldn't wait a year. It's really not a complex stick, so you won't gain much for letting it age longer. Usually that's to let the different tobaccos meld, which is almost irrelevant with a simple flavored cigar.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the MAXX Brazil, I liked it alot, but I can't really tell you the flavors because I wasn't really paying attention at the time....just remember it was a tasty smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JaalJaal Posts: 3
    I really like pepporoni and  sausage pizza
  • Options
    Jaal:
    I really like pepporoni and  sausage pizza
    Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like boobs.... hehe. The Maxx sounds good.
  • Options
    So from what I can gather I can expect both pizza and boobs from this cigar. I know what my first box purchase is gonna be!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smbrink:
    So from what I can gather I can expect both pizza and boobs from this cigar. I know what my first box purchase is gonna be!

I think what he's sayin' is it pairs well with pizza and boobs ...
  • Options
    looks like we need to add an extra X to the MAXX, an maby put a stripper on the band...he wait ..that's a good Idea....Naked ladies on cigar bands.....Paten pending Jeff Connors!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had the Maxx several times and I have always liked it. It's been a long time since I've had one, but I always found them to be a smooth flavorful smoke.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    looks like we need to add an extra X to the MAXX, an maby put a stripper on the band...he wait ..that's a good Idea....Naked ladies on cigar bands.....Paten pending Jeff Connors!

I've got a colleciton of vintage topless ladies cigar bands... So lets make a new age topless ladies cigar bands!!

Jeff, you can be the photographer since you are already a tobacco grower and I'm sure we'll use your cigars when they've matured. I call dibs on the light meter guy position!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    nightmaremike31:
    jeff_connors:

I've got a colleciton of vintage topless ladies cigar bands... So lets make a new age topless ladies cigar bands!!

Jeff, you can be the photographer since you are already a tobacco grower and I'm sure we'll use your cigars when they've matured. I call dibs on the light meter guy position!!
    Smile...That's funny.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    nightmaremike31:
    jeff_connors:

Smile...That's funny.
    Lakers on makeup!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    nightmaremike31:
    jeff_connors:

Smile...That's funny.
    Lakers on makeup!

YES !! I'll take care of those "shiny"spots. Thanks Jeff!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    jeff_connors:
    laker1963:
    nightmaremike31:
    jeff_connors:

Smile...That's funny.
    Lakers on makeup!

YES !! I'll take care of those "shiny"spots. Thanks Jeff!
    Dibs on choosing the models!!!
  • Options
    Sounds Good
    Looking for lassy to do the catering ..