Home Non Cigar Related

Who's is the true #1!!!!!

Now that history has been made, with all #1 seeds making it to the Final Four. Who will be #1? UCLA, Kansas, Memphis, or North Carolina. Let's have a some fun.....how about a little contest. You will need to choose the two teams playing in the championship game, the winner of that game, and the combined score of the two teams playing in the championship game. The winner will be the person choosing the National Champion (duhhh) whos combined score guess is the closest to the actual combined score without going over. Just in case we have multiple entries with the same combined score, the person with the earliest entry will win. Entries will be accepted until Thursday at midnight and only one entry per person. To the "victor", a package will find it's way to your domicile.

Comments

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Memphis vs. North Carolina.  Final score 71 to 68 with Memphis on top.
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    I know the bet is on the FINAL ROUND, but I've got some time on my hands right now, I've just purchased a nice pack of sticks from Cigar.com, and I feel like putting my two-cents in on the Final Four, too... so here goes:

After watching Memphis DEMOLISH the Spartans, I have to lean toward the Tigers. They looked like Men amongst boys out there. They are playing a team of Bruins on the prowl with only 3 losses on the year. So long as Joey Dorsey (might I remind you all of his 6'9", 265 lb stature) can stay out of foul trouble and Derrick Rose (freshman phenom) can put some buckets down, the Tigers should roll past the Bruins 83-69.

As for the other bracket, that proves a bit more troubling for me. First off, Kansas has only had one game this tournament where they score more than 80 points. In fact, there points-for have diminished as they have advanced. The Tar Heels, on the other hand, have handled their opponents with rather ease (I say this with SLIGHT reservation after Louisville came back to make a game out of their Elite 8 appearance). Albiet I can't stand Tyler Hansbrough (Psycho T), I have to say that the Tar Heals will head off the Jayhawks, 79-73.

On to the bet:

Memphis vs. UNC

Final Score: 

Memphis 92
    UNC 81

Best of luck to all!!!
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Wow, 4 #1's in the final four. Kinda bland; but its never happened before. Ok, here goes: UNC vs. Memphis in the title gema with UNC taking the game 91 to 83. Good luck guys, -Dave
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I would have guessed we would have had more action but that's ok.....the best of luck to those that did enter.

With that being said, I am pulling for UCLA to beat Memphis and I believe Kansas will handle UNC.

The finals - UCLA vs. Kansas....UCLA wins 79-76.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    I think we should have a write in vote for Davidson! What a job they did for a very small school! I'm betting on Memphis though.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well, the contest ended and Kansas emerged as #1. Any thoughts from anyone? I didn't have a favorite at all as I'm not a basketball fan put I was pulling for them in the final game. Although it would've been nice to see Memphis win their first ever championship.
    With it being Memphis vs. Kansas, I was hoping Memphis could pull it off.
  • haha, so did anybody get the championship game right? and did anybody get the champion right? it seems you all picked memphis....
    Nah, unfortunately not.....and I was looking forward to passing out some sticks.
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    Nah, actually I DID pick Kansas... it was the formatting the made it LOOK like I picked Memphis.... yeah, that's it!