Home General Discussion

Cult Cigars?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody have any experience with this company? Several months ago, they ran a promotion to get their name out in local smoke shops. They had a printable coupon for two free cigars. To claim them, you just had to take the coupon to your local smoke shop, and have the owner call their local rep. Promotion said nothing about the smoke shop having to buy the sticks. They just had to call.

I took the coupon to my buddy's shop, and he called the Cult rep and listened to the pitch, then gave them my info. Never got any free cigars. I emailed them, and a dude replied that he would look into it. Still no sticks.

Anybody else try "redeeming" their coupon?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion Doug, not worth your time. I smoked 1 before wasn't that good, I wrote down notes, remember relighting it several times, construction problems, and taste was average at best. I do believe it's a AJ stick.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Thanks Rain. Should have done a search before I posted that.

My local B&M guy didn't mind calling them at all. He is always willing to check out new cigars that his customers might enjoy. So, he called, decided not to add Cult to his inventory, and I never got the sticks. Sounds like I didn't miss out on anything, though.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I was not trolling you (this time), I just remember being weirded out by "JOIN THE CULT!!!!!!! CHYEAH!!!!!!"
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the subliminal advertising, though. Follow the arrow...

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Gotta love the subliminal advertising, though. Follow the arrow...

I'm in.

I had one from somewhere or someone most likely. Was not memorable.