Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Illnesses.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, evidently I had an infection in one of my top teeth that carried into my head and created me a host of severe problems.

The tooth is being pulled Thursday and the antibiotics are helping a lot.
Tests are showing improvement and all that.

I would have never expected that a tooth infection could carry into your brain and ears, but evidently it can.
And that can make you wonder if you will make it. LOL!
It was so bad, I couldn't hardly hear anything.

My balance is still a little off, but way better than it was.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad your'e on the mend.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, brotha! Didn't know what was going on, but that would be pretty scary stuff! Glad they figured it out and hope you're back up on your teeth... err... feet soon!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope you start feeling better buddy! You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    Gonna see if I can get a few posts in before I get shut down on the computer. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cats Tony I am so so sorry to hear that but glad things are recovering already and doing so much better! Love ya and will keep you in our prayers, enjoy the bombings :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better soon, Tony.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a real fun time sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, glad they are on it!!! Yeah, infections in the body are nothing to mess around with! The tiniest infection can cause major problems if not death. Everyone needs to be careful that they don't let an infection go and have it get into your bloodstream or spread. Hope you feel better soon.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 short stories.

Crack Head stepson while in MN had an infected tooth. Infection spread to his throat. Ambulance to Hospital where he almost died.

Step daughters boyfriend 7 years ago. Infected tooth. Infection spread through his body like the worst flu. Firing a 22 caused him so much pain it knocked him down. EM extraction.

Infected teeth can kill you, get it taken care of.

A personal note, root canals will come back to haunt you, get them pulled and save your self some grief.

Glad they caught yours in time. Would have missed your sage wisdom.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Glad your starting to feel better bro!
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    Infected teeth can kill you, get it taken care of..
    It damn near did. I was totally caught off guard.
    A while back, I thought I had the flu. I think I posted about it.
    Anyways, I thought I was getting over it and it seemed to just hang on.
    After a while, I thought something was not quite right.
    Then my ears started to plug up and my balance went to hell.
    One saturday morning, I woke up and nothing seemed right.
    When Missy said something to me, what she said and what I heard weren't the same.
    And for what ever reason, I insisted I was gonna be late for work.

I told her something wasn't right. So we went to "Urgent Care".
    The doctor there said my ears weren't infected, so gave me Sudafed and said my ears will clear up in a few days. That Monday, I called my doctor and he chewed me out for not calling him Saturday. LOL!
    I had a few "crashes" during that time that kind of shook me up a bit and scared the hell out of Missy.
    So I went in and he checked me out and said that I had an infection that was raging through my body.
    He put me on antibiotics and some meds to help with the ear problem.
    A few days later, he called to see how things were going. When I told him there was little change, he had me come back in. The infection had gotten worse.
    He sent me in for an MRI thing. When I got out of the MRI, I complained to him that it made my tooth hurt. He called my dentist and she had me come in straight away.
    After xrays and checking me out, she confirmed with my doctor what the problem was.
    They changed the antibiotics and a lot of the symptoms have cleared up.

I told Toombes that I never gave a thought that there were different antibiotics and that they do different things, but it's clear that there is a difference.
    Today is the best I've felt in 2 months. Tomorrow, the dentist pulls 2 teeth, because evidently the infection has hurt 2 of them.

I'm fortunate that my doctor is a friend of mine and pesters me when he's worried about me.
    Plus he knows if I don't do what he says, he knows Missy will kick my butt. LOL!

Tonight, I might go for a cigar is Missy gives me the green light. Doc says if I feel up to it, he sees no reason I can't. But had to add the "in moderation" thing. LOL!

As I'm finding out and as some have added, infections are sneaky bastids and are something that can take down even the strongest guy.

If I can use this experience to help someone take better care of themselves, then I'm happy.
    Sorry it's so long.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like quite the journey my brother but so damn glad you are ok and may even get a cigar in! Love ya and keeping you and Missy in our thoughts and prayers!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Root canal and 2 crowns in the a.m. I feel your pain. Been on antibiotics for 10 days. Oy!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    No cigar tonight. : (
    Missy says that I didn't listen to Doc correctly. Huh?
    So she tells me I can't have a cigar tonight. Tells me dinner is dished up and she's going over to her friends for a while for coffee.
    Ok. As my mind is thinking, ok I'll just sneak on.
    She heads out the door and I hear the car start up. I'm thinking I'll wait til she's down the road and grab a cigar. Cool! Got it all planned out.

Then the door opens back up and she comes up to me and says, "where's the keys?"
    What keys? The car is running.
    "You know what keys. Give them to me."
    What keys?
    "Your cabinet keys. You know, for your cigars."
    Now wait a minute!
    "I know what you're up to. Not happening. Give me the keys."
    Ah crap.

How do they know these things?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called her.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad your on the mend buddy those tooth infections are really sneaky a$$holes!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    No cigar tonight. : (
    Missy says that I didn't listen to Doc correctly. Huh?
    So she tells me I can't have a cigar tonight. Tells me dinner is dished up and she's going over to her friends for a while for coffee.
    Ok. As my mind is thinking, ok I'll just sneak on.
    She heads out the door and I hear the car start up. I'm thinking I'll wait til she's down the road and grab a cigar. Cool! Got it all planned out.

Then the door opens back up and she comes up to me and says, "where's the keys?"
    What keys? The car is running.
    "You know what keys. Give them to me."
    What keys?
    "Your cabinet keys. You know, for your cigars."
    Now wait a minute!
    "I know what you're up to. Not happening. Give me the keys."
    Ah crap.

How do they know these things?

Busted! Sounds like a great gal you got there Tony, and she read's minds too. Now did you get grounded?
  • Options
    Had surgery on my tooth today. It was very bad.
    So I'm recovering today and tomorrow and Momma (Missy) has the keys.
    Then again, I couldn't smoke a cigar right now even if I wanted to.
    But it's amazing how much better I am feeling.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Prayers answered bub. Glad your feeling better.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Yesterday, the problem tooth was pulled.
    I felt an electric jolt go through my entire body when it came out.
    It was so close to a nerve that the poisons (from what the dentist says) was causing the nerve pain.
    Today, my jaw is sore as hell, but I feel loads better.
    If I heal enough, I get a cigar tomorrow or Sunday.
    I am so glad that this is coming to an end finally.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: