Home General Discussion

This cigar kicked my ***...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't had a bad case of nicotine poisoning for ages, but last night this puppy had me sitting on the bathroom floor...

Come to think of it... maybe it was the Diesel I smoked right before... or the Oliva Serie V before that... or the seven beers... yeah... nevermind.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, it was definitely the LFD :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    The LFD double Ligero was by far the strongest stogie Ive ever smoked, this is a newb opinion, but it was a full face kick
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the whole night kicked your ***!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I remember my first LFD buzz.. I was flying high for a while!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'll ever smoke another lfd Colorado oscuro... wow! No fun.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I'm in the humidor at my BnM, those chisel-tips are singing their siren-song. But twice, in my short 9-month cigar career, have I had what I'd call a nicotine-turn-you-green, wobble-knees experience, and I hate it. So the LfD's are off my list.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc:
    Every time I'm in the humidor at my BnM, those chisel-tips are singing their siren-song. But twice, in my short 9-month cigar career, have I had what I'd call a nicotine-turn-you-green, wobble-knees experience, and I hate it. So the LfD's are off my list.
    I rarely grab a chisel. Just too much for me usually. However the LFD Airbender robustos are great. My favorite LFD.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I got it this afternoon from a Fuente Don Carlos 2007. Nothing came out, but I was bowing before the throne for a bit. Too bad, it was a great smoke.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, I know the feeling - I had the exact same experience with that stick! First one to do that to me was the Camacho Corojo (smoked it at 5pm after eating literally just a couple Jack-in-the-Box tacos all day). Oof, put me down for the rest of the night
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Haven't had a bad case of nicotine poisoning for ages, but last night this puppy had me sitting on the bathroom floor...

Come to think of it... maybe it was the Diesel I smoked right before... or the Oliva Serie V before that... or the seven beers... yeah... nevermind.
    Great pic from the bathroom floor!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Puff_Dougie:

Great pic from the bathroom floor!
    Was it wrong to take my beer in there with me? :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one cigar that always does it for me is the Cohiba Black. And I love those but won't even try one bigger than a robusto because I don't think I could finish it.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the LFD stuff, defiantly wont go there on an empty stomach very often, occasionally I will have an Airbender or Ligero for breakfast. The Litto Gomez Small Batch is the only thing that has had my stomach rolling.