Home Ratings & Reviews

MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured By Drew Estate

Tried my first Kentucky Fire. Ridiculous!! I couldn't believe the amazing taste and aroma of BBQ! The notes of oak and hickory lingers on your taste buds with a smooth finish that is awesome! Drew did it again! Will be offering these to my buddies!

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard these were an abomination. I guess you liked them at least.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOCKS ... no ...... must ... resist. ...... gotta stay ..... strong
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    SOCKS ... no ...... must ... resist. ...... gotta stay ..... strong
    If you don't, I'm gonna.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The only part of that I agree with is ridiculous. To each his own, but your friends might not stay friends after you give them some. Friends don't let friends MUWAT KFC.
    Rain:
    The only part of that I agree with is ridiculous. To each his own, but your friends might not stay friends after you give them some. Friends don't let friends MUWAT KFC.
    Do you even sell your company bro?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Rain:
    Do you even sell your company bro?
    I did a semi review on these. I'll bump ...
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I thought they tasted aweful! Threw the rest away, before I threw up.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    One and done for me too Drew. Sorry.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Im a gonna smoke 1 of the 2 I have and look see.

Hmm...if I can find them.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

Maybe I'm wierd but I kinda liked 'em, JD. I mean, I wouldn't buy a whole box but I'd smoke one every now and then. I DO think they're over-priced but then, that's Drew Estate for ya..... ??
    jlmarta:
    jd50ae:

Maybe I'm wierd but I kinda liked 'em, JD. I mean, I wouldn't buy a whole box but I'd smoke one every now and then. I DO think they're over-priced but then, that's Drew Estate for ya..... ??

It seems I remember getting one in a bomb and thinking it wasn't bad which is why I am trying to find the ones I ordered.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    martyd:
    Tried my first Kentucky Fire. Ridiculous!! I couldn't believe the amazing taste and aroma of BBQ! The notes of oak and hickory lingers on your taste buds with a smooth finish that is awesome! Drew did it again! Will be offering these to my buddies!
    Hi, hi, Samuel.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys scared this guy off, one and done.
    ExpendableYouth:
    I think you guys scared this guy off, one and done.
    That happens here constantly.
  • I got one as a gift. The only thing that i liked was that my money wasn't spent on them. Not at all what I would expect from Drew Estate
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Bobby, nice to have you here. You should introduce yourself in the newbie welcoming thread.
    He's really the Drew Estates social marketing guy thinking he's clever.
  • 716SMOKE716SMOKE Posts: 22
    Yeah one and done for me too, however I have two more at the moment, will most likely give the MUWAT another go round. I just thought the flavor was lacking, consistently tasted as if I had relit (which I hadn't), so hey at least it burned like a champ!
    Sorry, I had stopped looking for them and when I smoked one I had forgotten about martyd's original (this one) post.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'm smoking my first one of these now, got it Cigarfest. You know, based on what I heard, I was ready to probably hate on it. Honestly, I'm kind of digging it. Like the peaty, smokiness of it. Would go great with a glass of Laphroaig. It's definitely different, but I'm enjoying it.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Smoking this as we speak, and I must admit, it is beyond what I expected. A nice relaxing cigar, unique from others, but very enjoyable at this juncture in my life. Enjoying thoroughly, my 1 hour mini vacation. Thnx jd!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Smoking this as we speak, and I must admit, it is beyond what I expected. A nice relaxing cigar, unique from others, but very enjoyable at this juncture in my life. Enjoying thoroughly, my 1 hour mini vacation. Thnx jd!
    I have had a few..rest makes them somewhat better, so I agree with you. Nice smoke with a different flavor...
  • DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I received 3 of these as part of a sampler package.  I'll admit my expectations were low, but when I  lit one up tonight I was completely shocked by how awful this cigar was.  Without a doubt the worst cigar I have ever tasted.  Drew Estate should be ashamed.   Seriously.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There doesn't seem to be any middle ground here, from it's okay, to it blows. I've been seeing these in the discount bins lately, Think I'll pass.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I don't tend to like the robusto or larger for this blend but I had the pencil lancero at a DE event about a month ago and thought it was really enjoyable. 
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to like the robusto or larger for this blend but I had the pencil lancero at a DE event about a month ago and thought it was really enjoyable. 

Ohhh my! I like the looks of that..are those available anywhere?
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Nasty cigar.Dynaguy said:
    I received 3 of these as part of a sampler package.  I'll admit my expectations were low, but when I  lit one up tonight I was completely shocked by how awful this cigar was.  Without a doubt the worst cigar I have ever tasted.  Drew Estate should be ashamed.   Seriously.
    Totally true. Nasty cigar. 
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, the KFC debate. As previously stated, there is no middle ground with these. You either love it or you hate it. For me, it's an enjoyable change from the ordinary. Granted, it's not a cigar I'm going to smoke everyday but firing up a Chunky or Fat Molly is a decent way to spend 45 minutes or an hour.
    Dynaguy said:
    It can't be worse than the Spectre.  
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in another thread, I LOVE the smell of a smoking BBQ.  That's why I had become so intrigued by the KFC.  Unfortunately, I didn't become intrigued until a month or so ago when I was pretty flush with sticks and didn't feel it was prudent to throw them on the pile.

Last week, I knew I was going to be waiting about an hour for a friend to arrive.  The good news is that I was meeting him at a bar.  Additional good news is that the bar is a couple blocks from a first rate b&m.  I decided, what the hell, stopped at the store, paid $8.75 for a KFC Hamhock, went to the bar's outdoor area and lit that piggy up.

When I removed the cello, I swear I didn't know whether to light it or bite it.  Oh, the glorious scent of hickory!

If this smoke has any complexity, I missed it.  For me, it was pretty much a slightly sweet hickory festival for my senses throughout its short life.  I liked it for what it was...an unusual change-of-pace smoke. Construction was excellent.

The way I look at it is that I usually drink water, coffee, unsweetened iced tea or beer. Every now and again I feel like a can of pop (perhaps you say soda).  Cream soda reminds me of my misspent youth so sometimes it gets the call.  Some people hate cream soda and I can understand why.  Most beer drinkers, if they were expecting their favorite brew, but got slipped a cream soda would probably spit it out...me included.

For me, the KFC was like a cream soda.  I had a taste for something different and it hit the spot.  Hell, it was fun.  I will definitely buy more, but just as certain is that I will never pay $8.75 for a KFC again.
    Kipling was a wise man.