Home Cigar 101

D@mn i got a moldy box!

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
seasoning gone wrong reasoning my desk top humidor and forgot the sponge inside now I got a box of mold what the best way to clean it out not sure if I should use bleach and water or not real thrilled about that.
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found this with a quick google search.

"If your humidor definitely has genuine mold, you will need to remove all your cigars and carefully brush out the mold. Wipe the humidor down thoroughly with a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol. (Don't use too much as the alcohol can ruin your humidor but in a situation like this, you need to clean your humidor thoroughly and ensure that it's free of mold particles which is why alcohol is necessary.) Replace or disinfect your humidifiers thoroughly and let your humidor sit for a week with a fully charged humidifier. After that, check if mold has come back. If mold has returned, repeat the cleaning process. If there's no mold, you can safely return all the uninfected cigars back to the humidor."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap! I hate to hear that from you man. There are some old threads on this subject and if I'm not mistaken some guys swear by vinegar. They say it does the job and the smell evaporates. I'll see if I can find the old thread 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't find the exact thread but I did see one suggestion of a 50/50 solution of distilled water and white wine vinegar. Then you let it air out until everything dries and the vinegar smell goes away. 
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I'll take "Things You Don't Want To Hear On A First Date" for $600 Alex.

Seriously though, hope you can get it fixed up and back to being able to use again.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, went thru it a couple of years ago myself. I vacuumed out the mold and lightly wiped it down with white vinegar then rubbing alcohol then let it sit a day in the sun for the UV rays. This was the point where I decided that 70rh was a bit high. 
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I made a quick joke and now it's gone.....so people are deleting responses and moderating the forum now huh?  Interesting.  Guess you can't make a joke anymore.  That in itself is going to cause problems.  

just a comment take it for what you will.  
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    I made a quick joke and now it's gone.....so people are deleting responses and moderating the forum now huh?  Interesting.  Guess you can't make a joke anymore.  That in itself is going to cause problems.  

This thread was a double post.  Your comment was the only one on the other thread so maybe they deleted the one with less comments on it.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:

This thread was a double post.  Your comment was the only one on the other thread so maybe they deleted the one with less comments on it.  
    AHHHH ok, call off the dogs.  I'm not mad anymore........was worried "the man" was going to start censoring us.

FYI, most of the time moderators tend to merge threads rather than just deleting them.  It tends to fix things like this before they start.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723 said:
    I'll take "Things You Don't Want To Hear On A First Date" for $600 Alex.

At least you know it can get wet. >.>

I'd say listen to Bob. Take his advice and if it doesn't work mail him the bill. ;)
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    brianetz1 said:

AHHHH ok, call off the dogs.  I'm not mad anymore........was worried "the man" was going to start censoring us.

FYI, most of the time moderators tend to merge threads rather than just deleting them.  It tends to fix things like this before they start.

Shit, if anyone is getting censored first, it'll fucking probably be me.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

brianetz1 what was the joke? now I'm curious.

thanks guys for the suggestions.

ha ha NOT NO MORE! lol That box has been cleaned!  B)
    although now i got this burning going on anyone? 
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I thought this was the Caitlyn Jenner discussion thread.  Whoops.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.