Home General Discussion

V Cutters

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Brand/models you like?
Brands/models you hate?

ive only had one, a cheap thing that came with a montecristo sampler but I like how they work. 
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I've used is the Xikar, love it!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on the differences/advantages of the full-size XV versus the keychain version? 
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a Colibri while back just to try it out, love the v-cut now.  Works great and had no problems but probably will get the Xikar next, read on here that they were better.  Haven't tried a punch yet.
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love V cutters for the bigger ring gauges.unfortunately, I only have a cheapo plastic one that can hardly cut butter. I hear the xikar one is nice though
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, my cheepo just tears up the cap so looking to upgrade.  Sounds like the Xizar is the way to go. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • CSGCSG Posts: 5
    Why use a V cut over a punch of appropriate size?  Perfect circle and all that.  That said, I've started using my Wenger Cigar scissor knife more recently.  A brilliant pair of scissors that allows for a full to slight cut.  I'm not sure I get the appeal of a V cut.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSG said:
    Why use a V cut over a punch of appropriate size?  Perfect circle and all that.  That said, I've started using my Wenger Cigar scissor knife more recently.  A brilliant pair of scissors that allows for a full to slight cut.  I'm not sure I get the appeal of a V cut.
    It's all about surface area. Look how much more open a V cut is than a punch. Having said that, all I have is a V cutter I bought for about $6 and I have never used. Some day I'll grab a Xikar so I'll have a reliable one I'm not afraid to use.
  • TemmehTemmeh Posts: 12
    Got this colibri with an order from ccom... NICE!!!  Have 2 cheap guillotine in my golf bag and they suck x 5 (replace suck with worthless if not appropriate) ...