Home Non Cigar Related

Memorial Day

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am going to place the Flags and remember some old friends. Have a couple of drinks later on and toast them all. Maybe watch a couple of movies and I will smoke more then my usual number of cigars. Make a couple of phone calls and talk trash with a couple of buddies I haven't seen in years.

Comments

• pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    HUAA!!!!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pride and Honor.  

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semper Fi, Tony
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I get to work tomorrow, so it is gonna feel somewhat like a normal day to me.

Except that it provides an opportunity to remember. 

God bless those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. I will not forget

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to those that served and sacrificed.  On this day I will relax, walk downtown for the parade, have a BBQ, smoke a few cigars and enjoy the freedom's that you gave us.  Freedom's that we all to often take for granted.  Thank you for your sacrifice.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to all who have served and are serving.  Prayers for those that gave the unlimate sacrifice for our freedom.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    It thundered and stormed all night but most of the flags went up yesterday. Took a drive to the local University extension and there is a sea of flags. One of the larger churches has put up another sea of "large flags.

I try and watch "A Walk in the SUN" every Memorial day. My father told me it was kinda
    the way it was after an invasion. Of course his walk started on the beaches of Normandy and he walked all the way to Germany after being beach master during the actual landings.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idiot bouncer at a high end hotel bar refuses Navy Officer in uniform admittance. On Memorial day for xxxxx sake.