Home General Discussion

Any Interest in Workout Group

pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
Hey, Forum!  I am desperately trying to lose 30lbs gained while recovering from Achilles surgery.  My level of commitment is always increased when I am either competing or part of a team.  Is anyone interested in joining a workout group where we track our daily workouts with the mapmyfitness application and compete with each other on weekly basis.  Depending on how many folks are interested, I am thinking the person who burned the least amount of calories for the week send 5 cigars to the person who burned the most or the bottom 5 send 1 cigar each to the weekly winner.  Any interest at all? 

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I just ate a cookie
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick it up and then I put it down, then iI pick it up, then I put it down.  I am of course talking about my beer.  Its the best exercise there is.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am interested. Mapmyfitness you say? Do we also want to try and do weigh-ins and perhaps even do a food tie in?

I am down 6 lbs and the only thing I am doing different besides lifting 4x a week and hiking, I cut out carbs and am eating more veggies.

Haven't felt this good in years

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in joining except I'm doing the opposite and trying to add weight/bulk up 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Bert,

I think you could still join in, same goal (working out)

Penn, thoughts?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    I think it all ties in.  Mapmyfitness can track your weightlifting as well.  We can do weigh-ins if more people choose.  The difficulty with weigh-ins is people work out for different reasons - some to lose; some to tone and others to build more mass.  I think for those reasons the food tie any for an entire group is not possible either.  But, Im open to anything and want to create a group that works for as many folks as possible.  Everyone's thoughts are important if we form this to fit everyone.
  • pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    Even if we don't use it as a competition with rewards but a support group to encourage more people to workout and eat healthy.