Home Non Cigar Related

Looking an eagle in the eye...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can't seem to make the search function work so I could find the original thread, but here's a shot of a fledgling bald eagle looking right atcha....:

The fledglings are getting antsy - jumping around the nest, flapping their wings, practicing for when they finally fly....  

This guy jumped up and looked right into the camera when I took this shot...

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. The one was munching at the camera lens yesterday. Fascinating brood.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    I haven't been watching for a while. Do ya know how the camera lens got cleaned after one of the chicks pooped on it??
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I just bumped "Eaglet Weekend". Was that the old thread? 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/880971/eaglet-weekend#latest

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I just bumped "Eaglet Weekend". Was that the old thread? 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/880971/eaglet-weekend#latest

Yeah, that was it. I don't know if you've tried the search function from an iPhone yet, but it doesn't work for sour owl poop ....

Thanks.....
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:
    I haven't been watching for a while. Do ya know how the camera lens got cleaned after one of the chicks pooped on it??
    It happened "naturally" through rain or evaporation or whatever. The biologists don't clean the lens when the family is there, since doing so might cause Mom and Dad to vacate the nest. 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:
    It happened "naturally" through rain or evaporation or whatever. The biologists don't clean the lens when the family is there, since doing so might cause Mom and Dad to vacate the nest. 
    Some of the clearer picture was also due to HDOnTap adjusting some camera settings, I believe.  It improved clarity despite the droppings.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.