Home Non Cigar Related

Frankie

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well brothers, I've been really out of it lately.
Over the weekend, I found my dog in the back yard laying in a pool of blood.  He was concious but he suffered a massive laceration on his leg. We rushed him to the Vet and he was taken care of. Doctor said he almost bled to death.
I scoped out the back to see what would caused this but I found nothing.  I can only assume that he was attacked by another animal of some sort.
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you caught it in time.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe caught it on a nail, or fence or something?  Of course, coyotes are everywhere, and often consider pet dogs a snack.  Glad he's OK.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very glad your buddy is ok!!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor puppy.  Hope he recovers and he is alright!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found him in time.  Here is to a speedy recovery!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear he's OK now. (Could the vet tell if it was a cut/slice or a bite/tear?)
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, man. That's a bummer. I'm glad you found him in time and I hope he heals up okay. 

I'm a cat person but it doesn't matter. Cat, dog, armadillo.. whatever. They're part of the family and would be sorely missed if anything fatal happened to any of 'em.....
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also curious if it was a coyote. I saw a video of a coyote taking a housecat, then ninja-ing up the corner section of a 8 foot cinder block fence with the cat in its mouth. Crazy.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your dog's ok now. Our dogs are members of our family. If he has to take meds I usually hide the pill in a chunk of hot dog.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    And some folks wonder why my cat is an indoor cat unless she's on her leash and I'm out there with her...
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Poor guy. Hope he has a quick recovery.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vet wasn't able to give you some idea what caused it, based on the wound?  You'd think a gash from a nail or piece of glass would look different than a wound from a coyote, etc.

I know the feeling of a bleeding pet...  glad it'll be OK!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Damn bro, glad you found him and got him to the Vet in time. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I worked as a vet assistant for 10+ years, and our pets unfortunately get hurt, many times without an explanation.  Glad you found him, and was able to get him into get treated....

I can't help but mention your dog looks exactly like the one I had...

Keep us posted on his progress.... 
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope he's ok. It sucks when you let gets hurt. My little dog has occasional seizures and it sucks. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Aww, he looks so sad, and you took a pic of him and all his dog-friends will laugh at him now, lol.  So lucky you found him when you did, that's scary.  Do you think he was attacked and made it back home?  
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Franks is feeling better... That must've been very scary.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,  his wound started beeding bad last night.  Got it patched up.  Gotta go back again later today to see if they have to operate again ... and I thought he was getting better. **** this 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this poor franky hope everything goes well
    Money can't buy taste
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    **** man. 

Poor little guy. 

Best wishes for a quick recovery with *fingers crossed* no more issues --- will be keeping Frankie and your fam in my thoughts bro.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear ccom forum botls/sotls,

I just received news that my dog Frankie, will be undergoing a second operation as the first operation was a failure.  I'll be taking a short break from the forums and social media all together.  This experience is taking a toll on my family and I physically, emotionally and financially.  I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  They are very much appreciated.

There are a few of you whom I have promised a few Stogiestands, cigars etc.  I apologize but that will have to be put on hold for a bit.  I hope you all understand. 

God bless you all and get lit son!

DZR

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just worryabout you and your family bro!! we will be here if you need us!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Take care of business bro, prayers for Frankie.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Family comes first Bro. We're all sending out good thoughts and vibes to Frankie, you and the rest of the family.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Take care of your family member first. We will be here when you come back with what we hope is positive news.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I hope the 2nd surgery takes care of it.  I understand the stress of a sick pet not to mention the cost, although we are lucky no major surgeries yet.  
    Praying you you guys and frankie

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope he gets better soon. 
    Sending prayers, DZR

-Jay
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prayers for you and yours.