Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Male or Female?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Non Cigar Related
See photo in next post.

Yeah, I know better than to ask this question but,....... Whatcha think? 

Cute either way, Right? 

Post edited by Bob_Luken on

Male or Female? 16 votes

Male
18% 3 votes
Female
62% 10 votes
Not gonna touch this.
18% 3 votes

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Really? Are you kidding me? Nine innocent people die because of this lunatic and you are making light of it? If it were one of your kinfolk how would you feel you jack ass. As far as I am concerned you should be banned from this site. That's what I think!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Somebody pee in your cornflakes this morning, Mr. Roast?  This doesn't seem like one of your better days....  ;)
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting picture. 

The look on the face of the guy to the left make me think that if he was alone in the room and the camera's suddenly stopped working for 5 minutes... he can make this world a better place with one less cold heart beating in that room.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Really? Are you kidding me? Nine innocent people die because of this lunatic and you are making light of it? If it were one of your kinfolk how would you feel you jack ass. As far as I am concerned you should be banned from this site. That's what I think!
    I apologize. I did not think of all the ways this could offend. I wasn't intending to make light of the tragedy or the killer. I was just noticing people in the background and commenting on that.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Wow!
    Let's see. NCR post and you don't expect some controversial post?
    Really?

Some folks handle things differently.
    Some freak outf. Some make jokes. Some over-react.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I voted female for 2 reasons.  I think she is a female and I would have done the same thing to the little puke.  

One thing that really got to me was the forgiveness of the victims' family members to the killer and how his own uncle said he would pull the switch if he get's death.  The way Charleston and SC is handling this is inspiring, no riots, people coming together.  Roof wanted to start a race war but so far it seems to have had the opposite effect.  That's the way it should be.  9 good people died but some good will come of this, and in a way it already has.  Just my opinion, which is worth what you paid for, and I wasn't offended Bob.  
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the father has been arrested for giving him the gun?
  • Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Not offended and I won't go as far Dark_Roast but definitely feel--------too soon. 

too trivial too soon.  If this was your average everyday criminal committing an everyday crime it still wouldn't matter (trivial) -  but most people could still get a low brow laugh from it.  I was taught that it is not our eyes but our questions that are the gateway to our hearts and souls...not pointing fingers Bob or making any assumptions; simply relaying a lesson that was passed down to me!  

There is a time to joke and trivial things to joke about, IMHO this one is too trivial too soon.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

U Mad Bro?
  • Options
    penn said:

Not offended and I won't go as far Dark_Roast but definitely feel--------too soon. 

too trivial too soon.  If this was your average everyday criminal committing an everyday crime it still wouldn't matter (trivial) -  but most people could still get a low brow laugh from it.  I was taught that it is not our eyes but our questions that are the gateway to our hearts and souls...not pointing fingers Bob or making any assumptions; simply relaying a lesson that was passed down to me!  

There is a time to joke and trivial things to joke about, IMHO this one is too trivial too soon.

You're right. Too soon. I didn't realize what I was NOT thinking about. Thanks for pointing that out. If I had been thinking ahead far enough, I wouldn't have posted it. It was just me noticing someone in the background and commenting on that person. 

• Options

I did not intend for this post to be about the tragic shooting. I feel dumb for not realizing that (no matter what my intent), people could be justifiably offended that I would be joking about an incidental someone in the background of a tragedy. I knew that to openly guess whether a police officer was male or female was very un-PC and that was the joke. The only intended joke. I feel kinda stupid that I actually didn't think about the broader connections that photo would bring up. And I am sorry for not thinking of that. I wouldn't have posted it if I had. I apologize for that insensitive omission of judgement. 

I didn't intend to talk about the murders but at this point I feel like some of you may be wondering what I think. I was horrified, and sad,.... angry and shocked for the horror these good people suffered at the hands of this rotten soul. I'm sad and very angry. I would not wish to spend five minutes alone with this evil coward. I would need much more time than that. The word torture is relevant here. Some wonderful people can forgive him but, I'm not as good of a person as those relatives of the fine, decent, innocent people he murdered. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the picture was the same with some clown there instead, you wouldn't have been offended?

I find it interesting at what folks are offended by. Some speak of trivial things, but then are offended by a picture. Not sure that makes sense to me.

Different people are offended by different things. Calling for a person to be banned because you found their post offensive is a little out there. If everyone was to be banned for posting something another person didn't like,most of us would be banned.  

I find being rude to someone asking about the forum offensive. But I figured a person had a bad day.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly only looked at the circled officer at first; not even realizing the true subject of the photo.

I have many thoughts on the killings, but didn't even think about them with the post.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this whole story has shown we have given up!! The news covers gave up on racism and gun control and now have been making it about the flag?!?! Wtf! Is it that both racism and gun control have been show cased too many times in the last years? I mean really are American people that stupid that we don't see the real issues and will drop everything to focus on a flag?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this whole story has shown we have given up!! The news covers gave up on racism and gun control and now have been making it about the flag?!?! Wtf! Is it that both racism and gun control have been show cased too many times in the last years? I mean really are American people that stupid that we don't see the real issues and will drop everything to focus on a flag?
    ALL of our news media outlets have become a source of propaganda and/or entertainment as they have ceased to cover a story objectively. 

Much of today's racial & political tensions can be attributed to our media which will focus most of their air time conjecturing their personal feelings rather than waiting for the facts to come out. 

It's journalistic malpractice at its finest with almost zero accountability.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great point V2, and as colossal of an issue it is, it's amazing how quickly I (and probably the whole country) forget it.  The stories that get covered vs. the stories that get buried no doubt have a greater impact on what the general population deems important than we realize.  Obviously, there's too much 'news' going on in any given day for any one person to digest, but how that big list gets pared down to 5 stories on the evening news puts a lot of influence in the hands of those with the paring knife.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of amazing how quickly the real tragedy was lost in a sea of clamoring for political correctness concerning the confederate battle flag and one of the meanings attributed to it. That debate became the center spot, while the motives of the killer and the lives of his victims fade into nothingness in the puble conscienceness.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn thing won't let me edit, puble is supposed to be public.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of amazing how quickly the real tragedy was lost in a sea of clamoring for political correctness concerning the confederate battle flag and one of the meanings attributed to it. That debate became the center spot, while the motives of the killer and the lives of his victims fade into nothingness in the puble conscienceness.
    Have to agree.

When I first saw the photo, before Bob's (2Bs) post, two things struck me. Why was he taken alive and the guard. Now I firmly believe that general population in a Mississippi prison is correct. You know, for about 5 years before they execute him.