Home General Discussion
Options

New cohiba band

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
damn it's nice and well the counterfeiters are gonna have a huge problem! I smoked a siglo IV today from my buddy and we both were amazed by how detailed the new bands are
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new bands are pretty awesome. I would have to imagine it would be pretty hard to fake without collecting bands and putting them on fake sticks. DZR may be out review material in a few years.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    The new bands are pretty awesome. I would have to imagine it would be pretty hard to fake without collecting bands and putting them on fake sticks. DZR may be out review material in a few years.
    Too bad this happens  :/

But good that they change it up.  I haven't seen the new bands yet.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiny!

(Firefly reference for you non geeks)

Perhaps the first micro-printed cigar band? I wonder who else does this?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    To be honest I can think of anyone else with security bands like this. I guess when you are the most counterfeited cigars in the world you have to do something to step up your game.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder when the micro printed chohiba band will come out ;)
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found this a while back. I know people black light test the label on the box but I didn't know there was anything on the band.image
  • Options
    Wow that's cool I ever even thought to do that. Although it seems that people would probably use real bands on fake cigars since those new ones would be such a pain in the asś to counterfeit.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    They do make counterfeit versions of the new standard "G" band but so far, they're lacking the holograms. You don't need a black light, as any decent light source should make the holograms pop.

Here are some close ups I took to show the detail and print quality of the labels. 

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    I've seen the holograms on the front pop. I just didn't realize there was Cohiba written on the back of the band you needed a blacklight for.
  • Options
    It doesn't say "Cohiba" -- I believe it's a serial number.

Unfortunately, the UV print is impossible to see in a normally lit area and just barely noticeable in a dark room. My examples look nothing like that posted above.

The easiest UV mark to see is that on the Warranty Seal. When I turned on the UV light, the Cote de Arms lit up perfectly.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    I have some of the Cohiba's with the new band, but I don't think I've had a blacklight since high school.  :o
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I don't know  if some of you guys should be shining blacklights around the man caves!!!LOL . But the bands are pretty cool. Seems terrible that they would have toresortto doin that .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    They're great tools to have and not just for looking at ceiling textures. 

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    You can tell if your A/C has a leak.
  • Options
    mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    OMG...this is awesome!

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell if your A/C has a leak.

Really I did not know that.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    A lot of the newer systems have a UV reactive dye that allow you to check for leaks with a blacklight.