Home General Discussion
Options

Who smokes inside?

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
I would say 99% of the time I do not, but as I write this I am sitting at my desk inside an office. The experience is fantastic. As the smoke comes off the foot and exhaled it hovers around and envelopes my upper torso. There is no breeze and I can take it all in, enjoying the aroma. Also as I set the cigar down after pulling a nice draw I notice a small amount of smoke coming out of the cut end. It looks like fog resting on my desk for just a fleeting moment. Its really is amazing. So who of you get to relax inside and enjoy your cigar? Oh and I am not talking about at a B&M where there is generally much activity surrounding you, but by yourself allowing you to really concentrate on the experience. Oh and no I am not supposed to be doing this but what the hay, its independence day.

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean Usa06! Mine too. Before I met my wife I lived in Orlando in an apartment. Smoked all the time by myself in that place. That was a long time ago. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do, against my better judgement. Mostly when the weather won't cooperate, but if  there's a game on or something else I want to watch I'll smoke in the house. But I don't have a wife to contend with either. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dark_Roast ... You still live in Orlando? I was at Coronas earlier today with a buddy.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't.  I smoke in my carport and down here the weather is usually good enough to do so.
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    @Dark_Roast ... You still live in Orlando? I was at Coronas earlier today with a buddy.

No. I moved to a small town in NW Indiana just an hour southeast of Chicago. I do miss Orlando though, especially November thru February.
  • Options
    I do. For many years I wouldn't, but I didn't have cats. Second wife has 5or 6 cats. If they can crap in the house, I can smoke in the house.
    I can't argue with that logic and I am sure the wife can't either. Thanks for the laugh too.
  • Options
    I do, against my better judgement. Mostly when the weather won't cooperate, but if  there's a game on or something else I want to watch I'll smoke in the house. But I don't have a wife to contend with either. 
    Man I would love to watch a baseball game with just a couple friends while smoking a cigar and sipping on a cold beer. I could probably do it once and then I would be in the dog house. I remember when smoking inside in Florida, I would open the windows and have a little fan on by the window. The next day you couldn't tell there had been a cigar smoked in the apartment. The good old bachelor days.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Both, its summer so I try and get outside as much as I can.  Seems to taste better too, or different.  Usually smoke on the deck or down by the fire pit.  If I smoke in the backroom (my manhole) always a double exhaust fan on, placed at the top of the window, draws it right out.  Tried the basement but it lingers with no exhaust.  
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I like my inside space to remain smoke free. I even hate cooking smells. No matter how many device, deodorizers  and exhaust fans you will use, there will always be a lingering odor.  As much as I like cigars, I still don't like the fragrance of stale smoke....
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    i smoke inside. in the bathroom.  whilst taking poopies.  you try you like you buy.  
    Lol, let me guess, torpedo's, perfect taper no wiping.  Makes for an interesting poop-pourri too.  
  • Options
    jliu said:
    i smoke inside. in the bathroom.  whilst taking poopies.  you try you like you buy.  

Ya gotta love a man that multitasks. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    kaspera79 said:
    I like my inside space to remain smoke free. I even hate cooking smells. No matter how many device, deodorizers  and exhaust fans you will use, there will always be a lingering odor.  As much as I like cigars, I still don't like the fragrance of stale smoke....

I walked in to the office this morning and there is no evidence of smell from a cigar. I did spray some concentrate deodorizer before I left Saturday. I am actually surprised. Huh. Not that I would make it a habit smoking here but it's nice to know that every once in a while I can.  
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I tried that once last year. Had a big fish fry in the kitchen and me and a buddy smoked one in the same kitchen. The combo of fish fry and cigar smoke lingered for over a week. Put me in the doghouse a while. Long story short, I smoke, and fry fish, outside. LOL 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've smoked a few times in my living room recliner, but the conditions have to be perfect with a strong westerly wind to blow the smoke out before it even has a chance to linger in the room.

I also have an upstairs bedroom that is now my smoking loft.  A large window on one side and the door into the walk-in attic on the other side is all I need, if the weather is dry and not too cold.  It's nice to be able to unwind with a movie or a ball game with a cigar.  In the winter it's still doable, but barely.  I have an exhaust fan that removes most of the smoke, and a ozone/negative ion generator that removes most of the stink, but the problem is sucking heat out with the smoke so it gets cool.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    To me, there's almost no worst smell than stale cigar smokie, even it's my own. So I never smoke inside--or at least in my own home. Even if I smoke outside on the deck I close the windows behind it so smoke wafts inside the house.  
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke inside fairly regularly and it does not linger.  I run a double window fan in my window and my ashtray and chair are within 5 feet of the fans so it pulls it right out.  I do enjoy smoking outside but in WI the winters make it impossible to be outside and so far this year we have had so much rain that I wouldn't be able to be outside either.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will occasionally smoke while puttering around in the garage,Door open of course.The wife has never said anything about that. I have walked thru the house while smoking and gotten a few looks .Never in the house tho 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I occasionally smoke inside in my office and it is very nice.  I love watching the smoke swirl around too.  Seinfeld, sitting in a leather chair with a cigar and bourbon is where it's at.  I can't wait to own a home and devote a room to smoking.  

I've smoked in the livingroom with wood floors and leather furniture and the smoke smell disappears noticeably quicker than a carpeted room, even with the window open.

I just try and open a window and use a candle and that works ok.  I should get a fan to pull the smoke out.  It definitely has a smell the day after.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I generally smoke outside, weather permitting! But if there's something I wanna do inside, by all means I'll smoke in the house. My wife likes the smell of a good cigar, but I still would rather be outside
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    Lol, let me guess, torpedo's, perfect taper no wiping.  Makes for an interesting poop-pourri too.  
    Speaking of torpedoes, I assume you know that turds are pointed on the end so your ass doesn't slam shut, right?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    hahah oh marty.  you silly goose.  btw, that poop book you gave me is not only funny but very informative.  also also, when you got time to herf?  it's been too long
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    jliu said:
    Speaking of torpedoes, I assume you know that turds are pointed on the end so your ass doesn't slam shut, right?
    Nothing like relaxed access to exit and final dearture! But realy the most fun is the creation of the torpedo. We are what we eat!!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke in my studio when it's windy during the summer and when it's cold in the winter. I always have a exhaust fan going but the smoke does linger. Can't come within fifty yards of the house with a lit cigar.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    jliu said:
    hahah oh marty.  you silly goose.  btw, that poop book you gave me is not only funny but very informative.  also also, when you got time to herf?  it's been too long
    I just figured that, as The Lord of poopsville, you should have all the relevant info at hand. I'm glad you like the book. 

As for herfing, let's try to get a date when Mike Tuccelli can join us as well as Blutattoo and others in that region. I'm fairly flexible.....  BTW, I understand Hays is planning to visit the US in November. It'd be good to see him, as well ...... B)
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    jliu said:
    I just figured that, as The Lord of poopsville, you should have all the relevant info at hand. I'm glad you like the book. 

As for herfing, let's try to get a date when Mike Tuccelli can join us as well as Blutattoo and others in that region. I'm fairly flexible.....  BTW, I understand Hays is planning to visit the US in November. It'd be good to see him, as well ...... B)
    I am so jealous of you guys living on the west coast. I have a cousin in Sacramento and niece by marriage that recently moved to the town Danielriez lives. Sorry can't for the life of me try to spell it.  One of these days I will visit. My only fear is I wouldn't want to leave.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    We should Def herf when hays return.   If anything you should try to come down to fremont with jason.  We need to figure something out.

Dark roast.  What can I say we in CA know what's up! 
  • Options
    PM to ya, Jiunn......