Home Non Cigar Related
Options

SHARK week!!

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay I cant be the only one who looks forward to it .The wife and I love watching all the new stuff. Living in Florida sharks are always a topic of discussion. altho we usually don't go to thebeach for awhile after watching. 
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting on Melbourne Beach with our third beach closure in an hour and a half for sharks.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to watch shark week but its lost my interest the last few years.
  • Options
    Eulogy said:

seems like they got some newer stuff for this year!

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Sitting on Melbourne Beach with our third beach closure in an hour and a half for sharks.

Becareful then brother!!!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha!  What some people will do for a little scare.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    This is what the beach looked like today. After the 4th closure due to sharks we left. There was bait fish every where so I assume that's why the sharks we're so close.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    This is what the beach looked like today. After the 4th closure due to sharks we left. There was bait fish every where so I assume that's why the sharks we're so close.
    No surf. I would leave. Is this west or east coast? I used to spend 5 to 6 hours a day in the surf off of Holden Beach NC during the last two weeks in July. This was in the 70's and I never woried once if I would be bitten by a shark. Maybe there are more sharks and less food for them to eat.  
  • Options
    It's in Florida, Melbourne to be exact. It was a very calm day. Unusual for this beach. With my little kids I prefer a less rough sea which is why we venture to Clearwater often. There was a bad storm last night on the coast. The water was unusually cold also so not sure if it all played into the Sharks coming in. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    cosmetic company called LUSH released a shark fin soap to coincide with shark week. All their products are animal and environmentally friendly.  We picked one up today. image

• Options
    cosmetic company called LUSH released a shark fin soap to coincide with shark week. All their products are animal and environmentally friendly.  We picked one up today.

• Options
    Things are dfferent than what they once used to be. There is no doubt that shark activity Is occuring closer to shore. They need to eat lke us. Time to surf on a CruIse ship!
  • Options
    All the expert on the shows weve been watching are sayingthey are coming closer to shore cause the water is warmer. Also why the are spending more time around the southern United States

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy said:
    This. I hope it's better this year. Lately I feel it's just been a bunch of filler crap like the show where people just send in tweets about shark week. How is that entertaining
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my bad, I thought this was a Dark Shark group review thread.....  :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't watched in in a while but with all the shark activity lately it's renewed my interest. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being from eastern NC, we've had our own shark weeks.  In the past few weeks, there have been 11 shark attacks off the Outer Banks area.  No deaths, but there have been several serious injuries, including lost limbs.

Since the original Jaws movie, I don't swim in anything I can't see the bottom of!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was free diving alone in about 25 feet of water off the north shore of St Croix in the early seventys. There is no coral reef on the north shore so big fish come close in. I had a stringer of fish that I had speared. I was on the bottom looking for lobster when a shadow passed over me. It was a lemon shark that was bigger than I was. The shark was acting aggresive and was between me and the surface. I dumped the stringer of fish and stayed on the bottom as I moved inshore. The shark took the bait and that allowed me to escape. Scared the hell out of me but to tell the truth the whole episode was fun. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to dvr a ton of shows during Shark Week. I just got burned out on it. A lot of the same stuff year after year. 

I'm still waiting on MONKEY WEEK.
  • Options
    I'd watch Monkey Week. I wouldn't watch Spider Week. I might even watch Ant week.  
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder.  Comcast finally showed up today at my new place...will have to see if any new episodes are out this year.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monkey week would be okay but even funnier would be orangutan week. I can't think of anything funnier than watching an orang just doing it's thing. They're hilarious.... B)
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Monkey week would be okay but even funnier would be orangutan week. I can't think of anything funnier than watching an orang just doing it's thing. They're hilarious.... B)
    Right turn, Clyde.