Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Might be a long shot but ... (The racing edition)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Non Cigar Related
anyone have any connections to the Laguna Seca race track? Since I can remember it's always been my number one favorite race track. I would kill to get a chance to race on it!!!! Anyone have any connections or ideas of how I could achieve this daydream?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check their website. I know a lot of tracks have open track days, a bunch of my friends did it when I was in SoCal. They had a lot of requirements to do the races though.
  • Options
    Didn't think of that! Here's to hoping the prices aren't as bad as a rectal violation. Lol
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to only have club days and outside events that will let you race on the track, or if your ballin' you can rent it for the whole day.
  • Options
    Yeah... I aint my ballin.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    anyone have any connections to the Laguna Seca race track? Since I can remember it's always been my number one favorite race track. I would kill to get a chance to race on it!!!! Anyone have any connections or ideas of how I could achieve this daydream?
    Can't help ya with Laguna Seca at the moment but this might be a close second in the thrill department: (next to last item in the list)

https://bay179.mail.live.com/m/messages.m/?mid=mc95ffd9b-24f4-11e5-9e56-00215ad7bb3e&mts=2015-07-07T22:09:12.453Z&fid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&iru=%2fm%2ffolders.m%2f&pmid=md9b8c2a8-24f5-11e5-bbdc-00215ad96b88&pmts=2015-07-07T22:16:54.813Z&nmid=mb33a461c-24d8-11e5-b3f9-00215ad806e4&nmts=2015-07-07T18:48:06.190Z

If you go to the App Store and get a free app called Living Social, they've had deals in the past where you could pay for some time at Laguna Seca. Apparently the offer has sold out for now. You'll just have to keep an eye on it for a return. Hope this helps....  B
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, it may have been the Travelzoo app that had the deal on Laguna Seca. It's not on there now but you could watch both apps for a return.... B)
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    It's super easy to get on track at Laguna. They have multiple open track days every month. The hard part is finding the car to drive. NCRC, Track Masters, Hooked on Driving, Speed Ventures, and numerous other clubs have open dates throughout the year. If you have track experience then NCRC is the best group to go out with, since it is more of a DIY experience. No coaching just racing. If you are new or newish to open track days then Hooked on Driving is fantastic. They have great coaches that will drive with you for the first couple of sessions and the send you out on your own after you get comfortable with the track. 

You can bring any kind of car really, heck I even rented a Mustang GT from Hertz to bring to one of the events. Just be aware that Laguna is absolutely brutal on brakes, so if you have a car you want to bring just make sure you have race fluid and good pads. If you rent a car don't be surprised if you go right through those pads in one day, I know I did. 

Let me know if you want more details. I don't go anywhere near as much as I use too, but I can give you the low down on the track or which groups I think are good.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more I want to go back. If you're serious I may be able to get you in to my car at Laguna for a few sessions. You'd have to be willing to assist me with a pad swap to my track pads and then back to my street pads, but other than that I have a pretty quick little bimmer that is super fun to drive at Laguna. Let me know I can give you some dates either this year or next.

Here is my first trip there in my 135.
    https://youtu.be/CTQzqkzmYDY
  • Options
    blutattoo said:
    The more I think about it, the more I want to go back. If you're serious I may be able to get you in to my car at Laguna for a few sessions. You'd have to be willing to assist me with a pad swap to my track pads and then back to my street pads, but other than that I have a pretty quick little bimmer that is super fun to drive at Laguna. Let me know I can give you some dates either this year or next.

Here is my first trip there in my 135.
    https://youtu.be/CTQzqkzmYDY

Ill have to watch the video on my break today! Yeahif you let me know the next time you go (next year might work easier for me to plan out... but this is your gig and don't let me alter your plans lol) but let me know either way and I will see what I can work up!!! :)
  • Options
    Yeah... That was pretty cool! Thanks for posting the link! Its neat seeing BOTL doing cool things!