Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Found the problem!!

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wifes car was shifting hard(HARD) into drive .Checked all fluids blah blah .tuned it up changed the upper motor mount ,Still Clunking. ordered a couple parts from ROCKAUTO>COM .went to working on it this morning I think I got the problem this time, shoutout to ROCKAUTO for greta delivery service and prices about 40% lower then the local box stores!!! new one all installed and good to go!! image
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best feelings I know; diagnose a car's problems and get it fixed (the first time) at a savings.  Good show, old chap!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Nice find. what is it? Suspension? 
  • Options
    Nice find. what is it? Suspension? 

Its the lower Isolator motor mount. Helps with handling the torque of shifting and engine rotation

• Options
    peter4jc said:
    One of the best feelings I know; diagnose a car's problems and get it fixed (the first time) at a savings.  Good show, old chap!

Yes the wife is definitely happy her baby is fixed. I am too of course

• Options
    What as wrong with it?
  • Options
    What as wrong with it?

It should be one piece not 4. the pieces are all the rubber that broke down .

• Options
    What as wrong with it?

• Options
    What as wrong with it?

• Options
    Wifes car was shifting hard(HARD) into drive .Checked all fluids blah blah .tuned it up changed the upper motor mount ,Still Clunking. ordered a couple parts from ROCKAUTO>COM .went to working on it this morning I think I got the problem this time, shoutout to ROCKAUTO for greta delivery service and prices about 40% lower then the local box stores!!! new one all installed and good to go!! image
    This is what it should look like

• Options
    Wifes car was shifting hard(HARD) into drive .Checked all fluids blah blah .tuned it up changed the upper motor mount ,Still Clunking. ordered a couple parts from ROCKAUTO>COM .went to working on it this morning I think I got the problem this time, shoutout to ROCKAUTO for greta delivery service and prices about 40% lower then the local box stores!!! new one all installed and good to go!! 

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, hi, I think I'm lost, could you direct me to a thread where I understand anything that is being said? :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Um, hi, I think I'm lost, could you direct me to a thread where I understand anything that is being said? :)
    Just imagine Magic Mike 2 and all will be well.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHOA! 

....yeah, i don't know much about cars.....
    but one of those things is not like the other LOL. 

WTG on the fix bro!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Edna20 said:

Basically its the part that holds the engine still while shifting .Was broken I fixed it everyone is happy! lol

• Options
    Shifting? What's that? I learned on a VW.  Not many people know how to shift a car anymore. Its a lost art in America.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shifting? What's that? I learned on a VW.  Not many people know how to shift a car anymore. Its a lost art in America.
    Too difficult to send a text, eat a big mac, and shift at the same time.  :s:'(

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Driving used to be interactive. A relationship between driver and car. Now its just push pedal and go. Another car I drove shift on was a Fiat 124 Sport Coup. Maybe if someone determined the health bennefits of pushing down a clutch peddal the manual transmission might make a comeback!