Home General Discussion
Options

IPCPR New Orleans - 2015

Just touched down in New Orleans. Starting a thread to keep you up to date on all the new releases and happenings at the show starting this Friday 7/17.

If you're interested in something in particular, post it here. 

Comments

• Options

Here's a head start on show coverage from Halfwheel to get the juices flowing...

http://halfwheel.com/?cat=7219

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bryan. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be curious to see what Leccia Tobacco has coming out. They always produce some good sticks.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to all the lancero's that appear to be making a comeback. The new 'S' cutter from Colibri looks interesting as well.  
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the new La Palina red label!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    bearb said:
    Looking forward to all the lancero's that appear to be making a comeback. The new 'S' cutter from Colibri looks interesting as well.  
    I too am VERY interested in the S cut design.  Looks like a spring loaded Xikar Ultra Slim (my favorite cutter so far).  Digging the ideal of ball bearings to keep the blades tighter together.
  • Options
    bearb said:
    This isn't new, but we just bought the last remaining inventory of the AVO Hertiage Lanceros. Real nice if your into the smaller rings. 

http://halfwheel.com/review-avo-heritage-lancero

Good price too.
  • Options
    customblends@cigar.comcustomblends@cigar.com Posts: 34 admin
    edited July 2015

Looking forward to the new La Palina red label!
    We have that on order.
  • Options
    kemper74 said:
    bearb said:
    I too am VERY interested in the S cut design.  Looks like a spring loaded Xikar Ultra Slim (my favorite cutter so far).  Digging the ideal of ball bearings to keep the blades tighter together.
    I tried the S cutter about a week ago when Les and Jimmy from Colibri stopped by. Really nice. Heavier and bigger than the Xikar Ultra Slim but it does cut extra crispy, and that what really counts. I'll get some close ups when the floor opens tomorrow.
  • Options

Caldwell Cigars incoming in the next few weeks. Good stuff!

http://caldwellcigars.com
    This makes me happy!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

New stuff from Alec Bradley...

Nica Puro Rosado

MAXX (new packaging)

Tempus Nicaragua

Which to smoke first?

• Options
    Check out the new Leccia El Gringo Frog Splash 4.5"x70 Box Press. Sick!

• Options
  • Options

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO Lanceros AND Caldwells incoming to Ccom?

Kick arse!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Henry Clay by Pete Johnson

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the story on that new luchador, @Bryan_CCOM

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv said:

It's called El Gringo and It's strong. All Nicaraguan with a little Pennsylvania broadleaf in the fillers. Sizes are very cool. Good buy.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

It's called El Gringo and It's strong. All Nicaraguan with a little Pennsylvania broadleaf in the fillers. Sizes are very cool. Good buy.
    Sold.
  • Options
    jgibv said:

Sounds like it'd be right up my alley, thanks for the info Bryan.

Been catching up on the coverage over at halfwheel.com and I'd say there's a half dozen+ new cigars I'm looking forward to.

Any chance we'll see an ICPCR "new release" type sampler from CCOM?
    (Maybe one that includes --- Davidoff Escurio, CAO Pilon, LFD La Nox, RomaCraft Neanderthal) :D

• Options
    jgibv said:
    jgibv said:

Sounds like it'd be right up my alley, thanks for the info Bryan.

Been catching up on the coverage over at halfwheel.com and I'd say there's a half dozen+ new cigars I'm looking forward to.

Any chance we'll see an ICPCR "new release" type sampler from CCOM?
    (Maybe one that includes --- Davidoff Escurio, CAO Pilon, LFD La Nox, RomaCraft Neanderthal) :D

Yes we're working on a sampler for a few months down the road. A lot of this stuff they show isn't ready to ship right away. Just to give you a little back story on some of the blends you mention...

Davidoff (company policy no sampler inclusion)

CAO Pilon (this will be in there for sure, really good blend)

LFD (can't get enough to run in a sampler)

RomaCraft (they aren't big on selling to us online folks at this point)

A few more I have my eye on and really enjoyed.

-Undercrown Shade

-AB Tempus Nicaragua

-RP Sungrown Maduro

-Dunhill Heritage

And more you'll have to wait and see...

• Options
    Thanks for all the info Bryan, will keep an eye out for the CCOM sampler.

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    There were certainly a lot of great cigars there this year. Will certainly take awhile to filter through them all....but half wheel did a nice job covering many of the tasty new cigars.  
  • Options
    Did any of you guys try the "new" Espinoza Murcielago?

• Options
    customblends@cigar.comcustomblends@cigar.com Posts: 34 admin
    edited August 2015
    jgibv said:
    Did any of you guys try the "new" Espinoza Murcielago?

I did. It's been a couple years since I had the old one (which I really liked). The sample I had at the show had a lot of power but was a little young. That said, it showed a lot of promise. It's tough to take a cigar made by Pepin and recreate it, even if you know all the components (due to the fermentation methods that factories don't often share). I do think Erik did a fantastic job with 601 keeping the blends as close as possible so I trust Murcielago will be the same with a little age.

Hope that helps.

We should have it up for sale in a week or two if you want to pick up a single or 5-pack.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb said:
    This isn't new, but we just bought the last remaining inventory of the AVO Hertiage Lanceros. Real nice if your into the smaller rings. 

Good price too.
    Weekend Blitz on these Avo Heritage lanceros. Review sounds solid. Wish I had room in the coolidor...oh wait, I still have a couple empty tupperadors lying around.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb said:

Good price too.
    Weekend Blitz on these Avo Heritage lanceros. Review sounds solid. Wish I had room in the coolidor...oh wait, I still have a couple empty tupperadors lying around.
    If anyone cashes in on this and wants to sell a 5er or trade send me a pm.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Henry Clay by Pete Johnson

This just got my attention! Haven't heard anything about it yet.