Home General Discussion

A Smoke that Surprised You

bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
So the other day as I was "working" from home I decided to light up something different from my norm and smoke with some coffee. So I decided to spark a Perdomo Lot 23. This is not even remotely close to any of my staples and has never stood out to me in the past (its been a few years since I initially tried the line). I really enjoyed the smoke. The flavors fit with my coffee perfect and it was a great experience. Shout  out to @youngryan216 for sending it to me! 

So my question is what was the last cigar that set you in a chill state of mind and weren't expecting it? Maybe a brand that you had some preconceived notions about?

Comments

• Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Cu-Avana Punisher
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambos Mundos
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje jekyll was surprisingly amazing
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    What suprised you about it @SecretSquirrel ? Are not a tat fan?
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that surprised me about the Jekyll was that I did not care for it.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    What suprised you about it @SecretSquirrel ? Are not a tat fan?

I never had a monster series cigar before, and the tats I have had were either just decent or awful. not that I've had many tat sticks, so I cant really judge the brand as a whole yet. that being said, the Jekyll blew my hair back and rocked my socks off. i'd put it up there with my top 10 sticks. most definitely box worthy
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The most recent cigar that surprised me was the Diesel Wicked
     I had one in my humidor for over two years afraid to smoke it thinking it would be too strong.  I like to enjoy a cigar,  not be made ill by it.  As it turns out this stick had a great flavor profile including cocoa and cherry, and balance with  far less "kick" than I expected.   Very nice cigar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    For me it was the Zino gordo with the blue label. I don't smoke anything that size but it was like smoking a nice chamomile tea 
    Money can't buy taste
    For me it was the Zino gordo with the blue label. I don't smoke anything that size but it was like smoking a nice chamomile tea 
    Oh? That sounds pretty good. I recently had a davidoff Nicaragua that tasted like unsweetened black tea.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Been a long time since one surprised me. 

Maybe.... Volcan 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Diesel unlimited... Really enjoyed it last night. Great burn, construction, and draw. Really good flavores. I would definitely buy another.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter