Home General Discussion
Options

Work Cigars

I've had some curiosity lately if anyone else has a cigar type or brand dedicated to working outside? I have heard several times that cigars shouldn't be mixed with work, as they are one of the merits of relaxation, but who can follow all the rules of etiquette? Growing up on a farm whenever there was a big project there were always a couple cigars, cigarillos or an old pipe and tobacco floating around for a break. Sometimes a cigar and a couple cups of coffee to break up dropping trees was the best time to smoke. So, what do you guys do?

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around these parts they're sometimes called yard 'gars.  And there's a thread somewhere, but it hasn't been posted to for a while, so maybe you'll get some new ideas.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what I am doing.  If I am mowing the yard, raking leaves and things like that where I am not paying a lot of attention to the cigar I will usually go with a 2nd or a house blend that doesn't cost a lot of money and is a decent smoke.  For a good house blend there is one from the "other" site that they say is comparable to a cohiba and I actually enjoy it especial for what I paid to get a bundle of them.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    ^ 100% ^ Find your favorite stick, then search for a bundle or 2nd from the same company... study the shape and you can almost always figure out what premium stick it was.
  • Options
    RSIIIRSIII Posts: 8
    You guys left me with some great ideas, I've been meaning to try the house blend they have. It looks pretty intriguing for the price. I just ordered a five pack of Mark Twain no.3s I'm waiting on, very mixed opinions on those hahaha Also, I apologize for the double thread, I was looking for something like it but I didn't come up with anything!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The title of this thread is an oxymoron
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    The title of this thread is an oxymoron

True...Those two words should not be together in that context.
    Side note, how have you been Matt ?

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Still getting life together.... so busy.  

All in all, I am doing well. Finally had some cigar time. And I should be updating the thread about my cigar lounge soon. Just feel bad I have had no time for a review for a while.