Home General Discussion
Options

Biggest pepper bomb you've smoked?

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
I've probably asked this before but I couldn't find the thread. So what's the biggest pepper bomb cigar you've smoked that you can recall? This excludes artificially enhanced sticks like the punisher.

For me it's perdomo 2005 small batch maduro  (shocking yes but try the retro flame ball) 
and AJ new world that come to mind.

Comments

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reconquista
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    My Father,  Tat Apocolypse, Cro Magnon Aquatine.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Litto Gomez's stuff, Viaje Jalapeño is a nice one
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
     For me it was the Tatuaje Fausto. It had some age on it too, but I couldn't finish that sucker. Spice bomb city. Mind you, I'm not a big spice/pepper fan like some guys.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Wicked.  It just flat out burned on the retro.  I thought it was worse than the Punisher.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Gurkha's Hellish nightmare, strait up eye watering, sinus destroying pepper blast. it took 2 days too recover from this. 6 out of 10 failure rate.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The CAO LX2 was spicy foe most. As with many cigars the slower yiu smoke it the less spicy it was. So in my hands it wasn't . Haven't had those in years.
    DPG blue had some good spice notes. 
    Iduno.... I just smoke so damn slow...

The LFD corajos were short spice bombs. I really should get more of them.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit that I have a hard time labeling my flavors. 
    Spice and pepper are elusive labels for me to pin on cigars.
    It's hard for me to label any specific flavor.
    Usually it's just an up or down vote on the cigar for me.

(That reminds me, I'm behind on those weekly reviews. I'll try to be more introspective towards my palate but you may still just get an up or down vote from me. LOL) 

I don't consider myself a pepper fan. 
    But, I've enjoyed a few of these cigars that you guys are calling "pepper bombs"
    without telling myself they're too peppery.

"artificially enhanced sticks like the punisher"
    And, what does this mean?  
    Somebody gimme the rundown on this.
     I have a punisher on hand so, fill me in. 
    Do they add cayenne pepper to the blend?
    What other sticks are "enhanced"? I've had a few sticks burn my lips as I was carrying them around in my mouth prior to cutting/lighting. Is that natural with some wrappers or are they "enhanced"?

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    @Bob_Luken  Think sweetented cap, but with capsaicin. How do you think the get t to taste so spicy? 

Recently, the viaje jalapeño.  It really does have some interesting pepper flavors.  I like the DPG Cuban classic for a peppery smoke.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob_Luken  Think sweetented cap, but with capsaicin. How do you think the get t to taste so spicy? 

So, they do that?  I'm not that fond of it.  I'd rather just have tobacco. 
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Bob_Luken said:

So, they do that?  I'm not that fond of it.  I'd rather just have tobacco. 
    I'm not sure anyone has heard an official word on it, but it seems to be the consensus.  I would challenge anyone who says it's just the tobacco they use.  After smoking a few, there's just no way that is only tobacco.

I know the spice sensation that you are referring to on other cigars, and i think it's totally different than this one and a normal occurance.  
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    MOW Little Devil… It's very similar to the Puro Authentico but with a lot more spice.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88 said:
    MOW Little Devil… It's very similar to the Puro Authentico but with a lot more spice.
    Gotta agree with this one, although I think the Oliva Serie O #4 would surprise a lot of people too. Way more pepper than any other Oliva I've smoked. Something about that size must bring out the pepper notes in a cigar.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Roma Craft Neanderthal

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to say the tres reynes...it blow up my nostrils lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG Blue Maduro.  Pepper without the nic bomb.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DGP Blue.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Oliva Saison Winter Harvest good stick until the end most pepper bomb ive ever smoked
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    diesel delirium
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hatuey cigars (local B&M) has more pepper in there sticks than anything I've ever tried. There have been a couple that made me tear up. One bit so bad I couldn't smoke for a couple days afterwards.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Ramon bueso genesis habano, it'll bite you