Home General Discussion
Options

Best selling item at garage sales

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I had a couple hundred leftover boxes that sold like hot cakes at a garage sale. Buck a piece and I'm down to like ten or twenty. Crazy that I made more money on old cigar boxes than I did on furniture, old Fenders, and household items combined. Save your boxes.

Comments

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple hundred!!  That is kinda funny, did they say why they wanted them?  Just think, your old box may be a centerpiece on a coffee table somewhere now, lol.  
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I see boxes in antique shops for $10-$15 all the time.  Lots of times they add some hardware-decorative handles or feet-and try to sell them like they're something really special.  I know people use them for crafts, too, so they're probably making a profit.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    I see boxes in antique shops for $10-$15 all the time.  Lots of times they add some hardware-decorative handles or feet-and try to sell them like they're something really special.  I know people use them for crafts, too, so they're probably making a profit.

I find the boxes very useful . I keep all my "gear" in one I keep near my humidor. I use a few in the garage for holding various things. And my wife uses one for her nail polish!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! That's what I'll probably do
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son uses one for school suplies.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    old fenders? like from Leo Fender?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple hundred?  I used to keep them, but they started to pile up so started throwing them away.  Good for the firepit as well.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me. My pilot told me he makes cigar box guitars. I meant to ask my buddies at my local b&m to save me their snazziest box but completely forgot. Dagumit!
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    This reminds me. My pilot told me he makes cigar box guitars. I meant to ask my buddies at my local b&m to save me their snazziest box but completely forgot. Dagumit!
    Wow! You have a pilot? I'm lucky to have a flight attendant! lol 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Wow! You have a pilot? I'm lucky to have a flight attendant! lol 
    I'm just lucky to fly
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter