Home General Discussion
Options

Newbie help

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was wondering if anyone can give some opinion and or suggestions? I would like to try some different cigars but don't want to buy a box until I know I like them or not. I have got a few different samples and this is what I really have enjoyed so far: Ave Maria Crusader, Aranese Connecticut, my wife bought me an Arturo Fuente Hemingway when she was on a trip and that is by far my favorite. I have had some of the Gurkha park ave and the 5 vegas gold and they are ok. I see there is a sample from cigar.com that you can buy 10 different cigars. If anyone has a chance and could let me know what they would suggest that would be great. Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hemingway is a classic. I would try the different Tatuaje sticks, My Father lines, San Cristobal, La Aroma de Cuba, warped, Caldwell, crowned heads, illusion, la Palina are fantastic.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Samplers are a great way to see what you like. I see you have already tried a few, this one has some really decent sticks:

http://www.cigar.com/samplers/90691/top-rated-bakers-dozen-ii/

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. This is THE place to be to learn all the stuff you need to know but, there are soooo many choices when it comes cigars. I can't think of much to offer for new stick suggestions but, I would encourage you to buy more of what you already know you like at the same time you search for new cigars. That's my current philosophy on purchases and it should work for new enthusiasts as well. If you have the time to hang out with us here on the forum we'll be glad to help you ease into the cigar scene and you'll get to know a very cool bunch of cigar-nerds. 

OK, one suggestion, specifically for you, Try the AVO Classic.

And samplers :)
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot! You guys have been a very big help!
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog
    Samplers are the way to go starting off. I haven't been smoking long so needless to say I'm still buying samplers from here there and everywhere. 
    I have found a favorite now but everyone has different taste.
    Enjoy the journey don't stick to one stick. Be adventurous  try lots!

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."