Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cigar of the month club

Hey folks, I joined and received my first shipment last month.  2 replacement cigar shipments later and only 1 cigar was able to be smoked.

The condition of my cigars was horrible.  One was literally split cap to foot!  All the others were unraveling and or splitting.

I have my second month CotMC shipment coming Tuesday I hope I don't have any issues.

Is this something odd or a regular problem?  I'm wondering if they are sending out seconds.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's very unusual.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a member for a year or so and never had any problem, it sucks that you did. UPS and USPS can get a bit rough sometimes and with football starting up you never know.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had any problems at all.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @diamondrmp this is an anomaly. I hope you've reached out via the contact info here to ask the Ccom team about it. They'll make it right

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage is not common. But, hot weather cigar shipments can be placed under a lot of stress. Sometimes temperature extremes going between air conditioned post offices and the hot environs of the mail trucks and not to mention the easy bake ovens we call mailboxes can cause splits. 

And the boxes get tossed around too much anyway. 

Call cigar.com and let them know. 
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had CoTM for some time and never once had an issue. Give them a call and they will make it right. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    mb92755mb92755 Posts: 34
    I'm surprised one hasn't reached out to you in this thread yet. Alex doesn't want an unhappy customer and will do whatever it takes to make a happy customer. I had my own bad experience with a bad couple of sticks in a cotm shipment and he went out of his way to make it right.

The cotm shipments don't come from the same place as regular purchases, whatever that means. And I think that first month shipment is the same for all first month joiners. It may have been sitting around or handled a lot.
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

This is definitely not the norm for Cigar of the Month Club. Perhaps your shipment sat in a hot mail truck, or got over-heated in your mailbox. Contact customer service, they will make it right.