Home General Discussion
Options

Vegas de Santiago Test Run Possibility

kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
Hi ya'all.  Question.  IF I can pull off a test run, would any of you be willing to be involved?  Marc at Vegas de Santiago is getting geared up to hit the US hard, and was wanting to do some test sampling to get a feel for the market.  The only thing that would be needed from anyone involved is this.....fill out the questionnaire and send it back to me.  Pretty simple and you'll get a couple nice sticks.  This is pretty serious from my side of the table, so if you're reading this and don't feel that you have the "chops" to give me honest and knowledgeable answers, please don't volunteer.  I haven't been given the go-ahead yet, but I'll be able to give Marc an ideal of the sample size and hopefully that pushes him over the edge.  Thanks for the time!

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you shouldn't have any problem finding reviewers here! Let me know what you need 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I am in. 
  • Options
    I would like to get a minimum number of 10, but the more the merrier.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Id be honored to help out.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Sitting at 4 as of 1114hrs.  I'll cut the number of participates at 10, have to keep the cost reasonable.  Here's their website if you're curious.  I've probably gone through around 5 boxes myself and they are 100% at the top of my list.  That's why I decided to work with Marc, the owner.  http://www.vegassantiago.com/
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down, please.  Sounds like a fun way to help.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Please remember guys, know your stuff before offering to take the survey.  I need honest and knowledgably answers/comments.  Thank you to everyone who as entered their names!  As of 1126hrs we're up to 5!  Awesome. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to partake in this also
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    7 as of 1200hrs.  I will give the list of 10 once the # has been reached.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give it a go if you will allow me.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm definitely in if its okay

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I'll be your last guy if you have room

Hey, that has got to be the butt ugliest cigar web site I have seen...

Says something about buying a sampler ... but I don't see how on the site... You know how?

... never mind I found it
    after you get past the splash page the site looks better

Yeah, I'm still all cornfused, Kemper. The splash page says samplers $9.95. The sampler page says at the bottom $12 ... but no way to buy them I can see. Above that are bundles of five for 25 and boxes of three for 15. If you look for descriptions, you get phrases like this one, for the Chaman: "A Premium Cigar line that abides in tradition and respect." ... yabbut, what's it taste like?

Which one you like?

I'm kinda in the mood to buy something today anyways.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'd be interested as well if there is still a spot.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll do it.
  • Options
    That's 11, one more then I wanted, but what the hell.  Now, give me some time to see where Marc wants to go with all of this.  Something that ya'all need to know about VdS (Vegas de Santiago), they are independent and out of Costa Rica.  They primarily sell out of the US, but are trying to break in.  I live in Louisiana, so I'm trying to lock in Texas, Louisiana and Florida.....just to start with.  Have a little patience, yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh, just a little patience,  hhhhhhmmmmmm.  Sorry, love that song. 
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, I'll bow out.
  • Options
    Oh no Eulogy, you're in it to win it my brother!  
  • Options
    This sounds a heckuva lot better than the Nielsen TV stuff I get on occasion, lol.

Thank you for the chance to try a stick that you highly regard and we cannot yet buy.

Looking fwd to this!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    UPDATE!  I just talked to Marc and he has agreed to the test-run/review.  Not sure when he will ship the test cigars, but knowing Marc it will be very soon.  Congrats to all that have signed up.  I can't wait to read the reviews!  Please, be honest in your reviews so that Marc can get a full range.  Thanks again and I'll keep everyone informed.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone drops out let me know.   And I'll pick up the slack.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Got'cha Echambers

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can send mine to Echambers.  I have been so busy and lack of time to smoke that he will make better use of them.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Here's the official list.  I have 3 testers that are either known by me personally.

Oneisnone
    jarubla
    JSaint
    peter4jc
    avengethis
    Usaf06
    matkn293
    twistedstem
    webmost
    onestrangeone
    Eulogy

Eddie (tattoo artist)
    Richard (neighbor)
    Steffen (Germany)

That's a total of 14 testers, a few more then needed, but definitely worth it!
    I'll let you know when he ships them out.  I will need everyone's address. 
  • Options
    You can send mine to Echambers.  I have been so busy and lack of time to smoke that he will make better use of them.
    Got'cha avengethis

• Options
    Echambers, you're in my BOTL!

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kemper74 said:
    Echambers, you're in my BOTL!

Sweet!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    PM incoming @kemper74

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'm looking forward to it, glad ya'll were able to pull this together.