Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Beauty

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
Hadn't smoked a lot of Gurkhas in the past, but today I tried a Beauty I picked up in a sampler. I am a huge fan! 
Big cigar, draws and burns well. Great aroma with a little pepper through the nose. I'm ordering some Black Beauty Super Toros to see how the maduro wrapper changes it.

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few Beauties, they were good golf smokes. They even held up (wrapper wise) throughout. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     The Beauty is one of the Gurkha's that I haven't had a lot of problems with.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I also tried a Beauty via the sampler route. I thought it was a terrific mild smoke, preferring it to the Patel and Graycliff Connecticuts. Oh yeah, the wrapper held up and everything.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Greybeard137Greybeard137 Posts: 15
    Every Gurkha I have smoked fell apart, with the exception of the beauty. It was probably the creamiest mild smoke that I have had to date. I have a few in the humi for my milder stogie smoking friends. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO  You been hanging around with DZR???
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beauty isn't bad. I've got a few from an old sampler that I light up on my short commute but I don't ever see myself getting any gurks again. 

Greybeard137 said:
    Every Gurkha I have smoked fell apart, with the exception of the beauty. It was probably the creamiest mild smoke that I have had to date. I have a few in the humi for my milder stogie smoking friends. 

For your friend's sake,...... remove the band. Don't want to lead them down the sad path to Gurkhaville.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few of the Beauties in the humidor and just purchased more. Did any of you get a strong taste of cinnamon the first few draws off that. for me it was almost overwhelming then settled in real nice after that.  
    I got a Dragonlord in a sampler pack a few weeks ago that I lit up yesterday I was not a big fan of for my taste it sucked all the moisture out of my mouth like no other cigar I've ever had.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    The beauty isn't bad. I've got a few from an old sampler that I light up on my short commute but I don't ever see myself getting any gurks again. 

Greybeard137 said:

For your friend's sake,...... remove the band. Don't want to lead them down the sad path to Gurkhaville.
    Listen to Bob.

The worst thing about Gurkhas is that some of them are really good. 

Then, you buy more, and they swell up like a dead cow and fall apart, taking a hefty portion of your cigar budget with them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Beauty from a sampler and I enjoyed it. I received a Gurkha Legend in a different sampler and I was not impressed. It had lousy draw and the taste was nothing too wonderful. I'm guessing there is a Gurkha for every taste and its up to you to find it..LOL

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
    enying another Beauty right now. I have yet to have a bad one.  
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    As I said earlier, I had one Beauty and liked it a lot,.

But not enough to buy a box.  This just may be me, but there are so many really good mild and mild-medium cigars out there that can be bought for $4 or less, that it's hard for me to get all crazy about any one of them.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On sale on daily deal today, 10 for $30.00 for those who are a fan of the Beauty.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    edited August 2016
    Big brother watching i tell ya
    -- Winston Churchill

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I will never support the company! I know there are one maybe two good ones but the owner doesn't smoke cigars! He will on interviews but that's it. Even the "head of blending" for the company has told me he doesn't smoke. That's like a scotch maker where the owner is in aa! If they don't try what they are making how can you even try to start backing it??
    Money can't buy taste
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do these compare to an Opus?
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

exactly the same but completely different. HTH :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do these compare to an Opus?

Pricewise very close!

Holy crap, they have these listed at $30 for  single! I wonder if anyone is actually buying?

Back before I knew any better I bought a 20ct of these, I think I paid $55 or so, still have 4-5 left.

never paid more than $3.00 for one I have no idea where they get the MSRP from I laugh every time I see it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I mention that from time to time I smoke Gurkhas, I get slammed on the blog.  In good fun, but slammed just the same.

Yesterday, I was ordering the custom Thrifty Thirty from Andy and one of the fivers I was looking at was the Gurkha Hudson Bay and he told me they were sold out!  So someone other than me has to be smoking those suckers.

So fess up and come out of the closet fellow Gurkha smokers.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so for Christmas the wife bought me a box of Hemingway, and a 5'er of Gurkha Legend Perfectos.  She thought they were a freebie with the box, but I think she got charged $15.  At any rate, 2 of them were quite enjoyable, one was so-so with a funny taste, and one of them "Gurkha'd", swelled up and fell apart.  There must still be one in the humidor.

Let's see, what else?  Got a Seduction from the COTM sometime last year, and it was quite good.  Were it not for previous experiences with having 3 of 5 failure rate with other Gurkha's, I'd have bought some. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain