Home Non Cigar Related

No guts....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had to go to the VA Clinic to get blood drawn this morning and while chatting with the phlebotomist I asked if he'd smoked any good cigars lately. 

He's a pleasant young man who smokes an occasional cigar. I've given him a few in the past to try. Anyway, he told me that his dad had picked up some nice Cubans for him a while back. When he told me they're Cohibas and they come in a nice wooden box with a sliding glass lid I didn't have the heart or the guts to tell him they're fakes. I just couldn't......  :s

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point in popping their bubble, right?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    peter4jc said:
    What's the point in popping their bubble, right?
    Exactly.....  B)  I mean, by now most of us on these boards know about fake Cohibas in wooden boxes but there are always some folks who don't get the word. We can't educate them all.....
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do feel a little bad when you burst someones bubble.  I did it to a guy at work about 2 weeks ago.  Forgot how or why he had some but showed me a picture and he immediately saw my face.  He just said, nooooo.  Yep, sorry brother.  Pulled up pics of real and fake bands and it was completely obvious.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think the possibility of them being fake ever occurred to this guy. He's a real noob when it comes to brands/blends, etc. But he's a nice young man and I didn't want to be the one to spoil his moment - if you know what I mean. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Did the right thing I'd say, especially from his dad, let him believe.  
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told someone they had a fake once. Kind of felt like an a$$ afterwards, but I was just trying to be helpful. Probably won't do it again unless it's someone who actually may care enough to know the difference.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    ^ My initial reaction was that the best answer was to be honest and informative. After reading the responses, especially this one, I realize my thinking was off base. Thanks for helping me come to a different conclusion.