Home General Discussion
Options

Upon further review...

And eating crow...
I did some more research and reading about plume and mold. So y'all were right, the stick was most likely mold, I found a few others that were in my box. 
Inspected every stuck and threw out the bad ones, they were obvious.
Crossing my fingers that I can keep it from spreading any more. The ones that did have it were all out of cello so I'm hoping the rest are fine. 
Crap...
Andy

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer."
— Maj. I. L. Holdridge | Retired
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't necessarily need to throw them away. If it's white it will wipe off. As long as it didn't grow in the foot.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    badandy24badandy24 Posts: 41
    I tried on a couple but I didn't want to risk it any further. Sad too... 2 of them we're known Cubans. 
    Andy

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer."
    — Maj. I. L. Holdridge | Retired
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
     It happens.  I've only lost a couple over the years mostly because of carelessness when re-filling devices, and cigars sitting in puddles of water. 
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Chemnitz said:
    kaspera79 said:
     and cigars sitting in puddles of water. 
    When you convert a cooler to a coolador you're suppose to empty the ice out first. :D

Yeah,  I learn the hard way every time.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens. I've had it twice. Once was just on the foam puck I was using and once a couple sticks got affected luckily it never spread. Just be sure to clean your humi good to. 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some smoked gouda that has hella plume on it right now. 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR