Home General Discussion

C.com Forum Smapler

ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I have had this little one sitting in my humidor since September 2009 and is the second oldest stick I own. People talk about that cigar you hold onto waiting for the perfect moment. That cigar you nitpick and come up with reasons why today isn't the day, because you know once you smoke it. That cigar will never be here again. Well today I was tired of finding reasons. It is 65 degrees, and slight breeze in Omaha, Nebraska. So I figured I would clip the tip and enjoy one of the last C.Com forum smapler Sumatras around. Mmm good
Tagged:

Comments

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, an original forum blend.  Very nice.  I did have the pleasure of smoking one a few years back, and am lucky to say i still have 1 of each left, and may enjoy it at a CCOM herf.  enjoy it.  Glad to see those still exist.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...how do we ge another forum blend to come about?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    BTTT

I may have misunderstood; this stick is a Forum special, yes? Not a Ccom house blend, but a stick that people on the forum commissioned (for lack of a better word), and that people signed up for x number of, paid for, and took delivery on. Is that accurate? 

How does such a thing come about? Who blended and rolled them? And how do we get such an occurrence to happen again?

Thanks,
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    edited October 2015
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those samplers were amazing. Wish they'd do it again
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    The ingredients and components of the cigar were voted on by the CCOM forum.  they were partially blended by Alex and also AJ, and the AJs factory made the product.  the blend was not tweeked much because they wanted us to have the experience of making a blend and needing to tweek it ourselves.  There are many people here who believe that was a bad way to release the cigar, but i disagree.  it is about the learning process.  the price was about $5/stick give or take, and i believe we were limited to 1 5 pack.  I have talked to Alex about making another one, and if there is interest, this could be brought up again.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trident I would be in for doing something like this.  I was not involved in the last go around but feel this would be a great group project to do.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I think I still have one or two left from the second forum blend. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find. 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would join the party
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Mark me interested as well.