Home General Discussion

Calling all Gurkha Enthusiasts

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

Gurkha seems to be selling a lot of cigars, but you never seem to read anyone singing their praises.

So I want to hear from you Gurkha lovers.  What's your favorite Gurkha stick? Which are their best value smokes. Which ones (if any) should we avoid.?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not go for a lot of gurks, but the Titans were good.  They produce clouds and clouds of smoke, which is fun. The wrapper is a little thin and sometimes pops, but, aside from flaky ash, it doesn't usually cause too much issues. I'd buy em while on sale for $2 or so
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @transplant there is a good discussion to this in the cigar review section. You may want to check out that thread
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like their Seduction and found the Centurian to be an okay smoke with a decent amount of time on them

no matter where you go, there you are.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cellar Reserve Prisoner. Got a two year old single i have been waiting for the right day to burn.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the first Titan I had
    2nd one unraveled.

First two Centurians blew up, 3rd was good.

The Beauty's I've had were almost all good,

3 out of 5 Beasts swelled up and fell apart.

The first Legend I had was very good,

next two were rolled so tight as to be completely unsmokeable.

The Park Ave. is a good Connecticut, I bought a box once and all of them smoked well.

The Seduction that I got from COTM a few months ago was good, but, given Gurkha's history, I haven't purchased any.

Hmm, there were others I suppose, but the stories are the same.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I only smoke the "His Majesty's Reserve".......it's my go-to yard gar.
    I light it with a $100 bill........................
     o:) ........honest

Gurkha puts out lots of mediocre cigars.
    They make even more crappy cigars.

When I was a noob, I used to like the Titan.......but then after a few of them exploded on me......I gave up.
    The Centurian? Like smoking a newspaper......I can get some cedar out of them when they're fresh.........let em sit too long?............you might as well roll up the Times and smoke it.

Kaizad is doing something right though, as he seems to be making money.

Last Gurkha I bought was March 12, 2012.............yeah.............I keep track of this stuff..............I have a little OCD.
    It will remain the last Gurkha I ever buy....................