Home Ratings & Reviews

Obsidian Black Label Review with Pics!

CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
Well Gents, just finished an Obsidian Black Label a few hours ago and I wasn't surprised, but extremely content. It will probably turn into an everyday smoke especially for the price. (Don't mind my dirty pants in the pics. Came straight home from work and lit one up)

First the info about the sticks:

I bought the Experiment Sampler II on the sprint sale. I let them sit for a week in my humi before I smoked my first, the Toro. Absolutely disliked it. Was about to give box away but what the heck, I gave them another try. This time I smoked the Belicoso.

An hour before I started, I ate a delicious Cuban sandwich and a few hershey's kisses.

Now the Pics:

Started at 3pm. Oily wrapper but slight imperfections. Size: 
Belicoso

Some slight veins near the head. Label slid off easily without damaging wrapper. Evenly packed and firm. Has a slight chocolate smell.

About 3:20.
Toasted foot and a few puffs and I was away. Draw loose but near perfect. Thick chewy clouds of smoke, but burns very slow. Had a sweet taste then a spice lingered. Great smell from the smoke as expected.

About 3:50. The ash was a bit loose near the base, bulges out, and kept falling away at the slightest breeze. However, I am getting notes of chocolate on my tongue and spice & coffee in my nose.

About 4:10. The ash is finally shaping up and getting thicker. Spice has completely taken over and getting a bit sour on the finish. Not overpowering though.

About 4:40.  Finally got a long ash head on it. Stick is still cool though with lots of smoke. Getting slight bitter coffee. (Like a strongly brewed coffee)

Some concluding notes:

Overall, I was content with the stick. Great flavor but lacking a bit in complexity. Definitely a cigar to smoke on a full stomach. Bottom line, I will definitely keep my sampler!
How do make this text turn upside down?
Tagged:

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Cali crew to chime in here.  I don't know how your stash is, but if you let the rest sit for a year you will have a much better smoke on your hands, in my personal opinion.  As you stated not bad for the price, but way better with a year or five.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beren loves these... @SecretSquirrel
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Where is the Cali crew to chime in here.  I don't know how your stash is, but if you let the rest sit for a year you will have a much better smoke on your hands, in my personal opinion.  As you stated not bad for the price, but way better with a year or five.
    It is not extravagant, but I can definitely keep a few for a year or two....lol
    How do make this text turn upside down?