Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

**** music trivia pass ****

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
since it seems the movie trivia pass has died off I thought I would start something new. This will work the same as the movie trivia with clues. If you put part of the song in the hint don't put the hook line to giv it away. We can tweak it as it goes but I though getting something new going might reinvigorate these passes.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea. Maybe let the answer be a band, song, album, etc. Make the first clue start with an indication of which it is.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    I will kick this thing off since I was the winner in the Movie trivia pass. This is a song from my childhood. It is actually the first country song I remember. A line from the song goes..... "For a taste of your whiskey I'll give you some advice"
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the unwritten rule is that the winner has to know the song, and can't win by simply googling the lyric.  I'd hope the people here have the integrity to do so.... I already have the answer, but can't claim the prize.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    why cant you claim it
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because he googled it
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I got that after
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Kenny Rogers 'The Gambler'

If this is right, very cool! That song is in my top twenty all time best songs (right up there with several by Marty Robbins). And if it is wrong, well, it is still a damn fine song, lol

And no googling :) honest
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Winner winner chicken dinner... I will try and send you something this week Jay. Depends on work schedule. 

I like Tony's idea of using songs, albums, or bands as the answer. Opens everything up. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Noice!

My song:

"When I'm tired and thinking cold"

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budweiser song
  • Options
    ^ LOL
  • Options
    Person who formed this band graduated from MIT
  • Options
    Buzz Aldrin
  • Options
    Another hint: the genre is Rock
  • Options
    No googling, but you can go listen to some rock albums and look at the album covers and liner notes and refresh your memory :)

Go! Listen!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was driving me crazy so I googled it. Great song.
  • Options
    Charlie, I agree! It is in the top 25 of my faves (for Rock genre). 

-Jay
  • Options
    So your saying it's not the Budweiser song. 
    Houston we have a problem.   Buzz aldrin is an MIT grad.   Don't know why I know that. 
  • Options
    The lead singers intials are T.S.
  • Options
    Jay unfortunately I don't think these threads are serving their purpose. I will get your winnings out tomorrow hopefully. This reminded me
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Well, shucks.

My song is "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. 

Happy to try again if you think it'd help!!
  • Options
    9505 5000 3216 5349 0002 52

Enjoy Jay
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Post up...now that you mention the title of the song I remembered the lyrics you posted.
  • Options
    Ok

New one

Sticking with Rock

'We had to find another place
    But Swiss time was running out'
  • Options
    London calling
  • Options
    They *are* from Englad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I have it down to two bands.  Do you want the song or band, etc.?
  • Options
    Song would be ideal @james40

• Options
    @Usaf06 the winnings landed today, and these are new to me. A Merry Christmas right back at ya!

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all reallygood I love the far left one. Can't get enough
     jarubla said:
    @Usaf06 the winnings landed today, and these are new to me. A Merry Christmas right back at ya!

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."