Home General Discussion

Might be a silly question...but...

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
So I have a few boxes I have been waiting for to purchase, and have no room for more, until the new humi arrives.  Has anyone ever tried to use the small Boveda Packs, and put one in the box and seal it up?  I know the cigars would be better in a humi, but what's your opinion on keeping a box this way for a bit....not for long term storage, but to make ends meet until I can get another humi...

Seems it would be safer that way than in tupperware or a plastic bag....seems the boxes could breathe better.

Thoughts?

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think you'd be safe, but would still put the box w/ the Boveda in a bag, just to keep the moisture from escaping the box. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I would think you'd be safe, but would still put the box w/ the Boveda in a bag, just to keep the moisture from escaping the box. 
    Thanks @peter4jc, hadn't thought of that....Just assumed the boxes sealed fairly tight....to prevent air from escaping.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I could hold on to a couple for you ;)
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boveda can lay right against the cigars without damaging them.

but I would agree to bag it. The boxes are not built to the same specs as a humidor.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    No_one21 said:
    I could hold on to a couple for you ;)
    PM me your address!!!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made me think of a movie...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I'd say at least put them in a baggy but a sealed container would be better due to baggies still let in outside humidity. 

If cigar boxes sealed tight enough to keep good humidity in and bad humidity out you would have to store boxes with the lid cracked or propped open in humidor or cooler otherwise cigars would dry out if box fully closed in storage

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Made me think of a movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGvxoWytMig
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29