Home General Discussion
Options

No stems = no flavor? (Davidoff Gran Cru no.1 review)

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
I heard that stems give cigars flavor.  Lets look for some flavor.

So far so good. Beautifully wrapped. By far the best constructed cigar that I've reviewed. I bet this would have been a great smoke.  
Flavor time!  I bet there's a butt load of flavor inside.  Let's have a looksie.

Well as you can see, this cigar had no flavor.  I swear it had flavor when I smoked it. So lame. As one of my fav brands, Davidoff needs to step it up if they want to hang with the big boys.  

Hope y'all enjoyed. 
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The man even has a separate exacto for the wrapper and another one for the binder.  That in itself demands another badge.  And another badge for being crazy enough to cut up a Davidoff!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danielzreyes

pssh.....anyone can cut up a yard 'gar........step up your Xacto game or go home. Just sayin. ........
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The man even has a separate exacto for the wrapper and another one for the binder.  That in itself demands another badge.  And another badge for being crazy enough to cut up a Davidoff!
    See what I ment about good thing you roast beans and not nuts? Lol
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I had a My Father lancero a while back I couldn't cut. I tried to take a smaller sliver off the cap and all I could see was a stem. Nasty 24 rg stem. I cut it up. I would have posted pictures but I didn't have a Xacto knife to put in the picture.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is back ladies and gentleman!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    bandyt09 said:
    @danielzreyes

pssh.....anyone can cut up a yard 'gar........step up your Xacto game or go home. Just sayin. ........
    Challenge accepted 
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    @Pete Johnson 
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion you are an a$$. No honest botl would ever do that to a cigar let alone to a Davidoff. Your disrespect of the individual that sat at their table and rolled that cgar is inexcusable. Just my oinion. Don't expect everyone to agree with me. 
  • Options
    I agree with dark roast.  Dzr learn to appreciate the hands of central america.  You douchenozzle 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    I agree with dark roast.  Dzr learn to appreciate the hands of central america.  You douchenozzle 
    Lmfao... I laughing so loud my wife asked what I was laughing at.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I guess I'm an a$$ also cause I run em over with the mower, truck. I'll throw em  in the trash, a mud hole or anywhere handy if I don't like em. I'm for sure not gonna smoke em if I don't like them and refuse to send anything I won't smoke to a botl or our troops (or troops get screwed enough the way it is).

But no more.. I get a Sancho panza, Gurkha or any other rot gut piece of pooh I'll send em to you so they won't be disrespected
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much respect can the torcedores at Gurkha have for themselves?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Fake. And mold. 
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Sorry If I offended anyone with my reviews. I will leave now.
    If I owe you some smokes, @jliu will take care of it.

I love you all
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    jliu said:
    Lmfao... I laughing so loud my wife asked what I was laughing at.
    :smiley: 
  • Options

I love you all
    Correct.  If any if you guys respect the gentle yet firm hands of central america, pm me.  I will make this right.  #centralamericanlivesmatter
  • Options

I love you all
    Like hell.. Your one of the many that makes this place great and why I keep coming back. This isn't safe zone on a college campus. You hacked up a cigar big deal. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:

I love you all
    Like hell.. Your one of the many that makes this place great and why I keep coming back. This isn't safe zone on a college campus. You hacked up a cigar big deal. 
    Next up DZR review of Detroit playas... I mean sox
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    And we need more 2 cigar at a time reviews. Didn't you do that too. So triple up. 2 cigars at a time with a review of pro bowl socks. For the pro bowl! Bring it.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    But before I go (for ever and ever), will someone please send me kswildcat's addy pls? Thanks.
    Good bye
  • Options
    Only 1 person has it and he won't give it to you so that means ur stuck with us 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This place is awesome 
  • Options
    @avengethis DZR needs nachos.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion you are an a$$. No honest botl would ever do that to a cigar let alone to a Davidoff. Your disrespect of the individual that sat at their table and rolled that cgar is inexcusable. Just my oinion. Don't expect everyone to agree with me. 
    To each, his and her their own.

Look at it this way. Say you go to a Chipotle or some other burrito place. You buy 10 burritos without beans (Why? b/c you want to). You want to make sure you did NOT get beans. You open one up and dig through the filling to make sure no beans are in there, and you find none. Now, essentially you have a big pile of crap on a flour tortilla. You throw it away. BUT you have 9 more to eat! How is that disrespecting the person who made the burrito? You just wanted to make sure you didn't get any beans...You bought the burritos, so do w/e you want with it.

Now, it was a cigar that a BOTL gave or one you just wanted to "check out" at your B&M then I agree with you. 

How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Davidoff gives out their cigars for free then they are working for respect. As long as they charge for it, they got theirs no matter what you do with it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    My goodness randy leave already
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR is evil and should be beaten with a sock full of Opus Xs.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Oh, one more thing before I leave the forum for good.  genareddog's addy pls. Thanks
    Ok for reals now. Good bye
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to DZR...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis