Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Common Roots

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone here tried this Common Roots offer?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

Which common roots offer might that be?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I will pass on it...too little room to fill with a eh might be ok
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:

Cigar.com spammed me an offer for a box of Common Roots. Charles across the street is looking for something better than his Quorums, but that doesn't break the bank. I'd like to take care of him.

http://www.cigar.com/mobile/promotions/deal/special-c/?sourcekey=CGWS11

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely has to be better than Quorums...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    jlmarta said:
    webmost said:

Cigar.com spammed me an offer for a box of Common Roots. Charles across the street is looking for something better than his Quorums, but that doesn't break the bank. I'd like to take care of him.

http://www.cigar.com/mobile/promotions/deal/special-c/?sourcekey=CGWS11

Ah, so. I was unaware of this one. Thanks very much, Bro....  B)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Wylaff said:
    Definitely has to be better than Quorums...
    Well, duh!

I gave him a fistful of premium goodness for Christmas, and another fistful just the other day when he cleared my sidewalks... but he is still a beginner. I turned him on to smokes last summer. Does not like strong. He likes my milder Uppowoc Perfectos. Bought himself his first humidor for Christmas, cause I forgot all he had for a humi was a small cigar box, so when I handed him a dozen too long for the cigar box Christmas, he had to score something they would fit in. Then he filled it with Quorums while he was there, cause he figured they were cheap first humi fodder. 

Thought a box of these for forty five might hit the nail. He takes care of our yard. I hate to mow. Hate it. Sets my nape on edge. Find it morally repugnant; like binding a China girl's feet. Prefer tall grass and wildflowers. Had my druthers, I buy a couple goats each spring and let them do the mowing, then eat 'em in the fall.

So. Anyways. Anyone tried them Common Roots? Sound mild enough for a beginner.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sound interesting
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    JohnC7JohnC7 Posts: 1
    They are VERY interesting.. Patrick matched some leaf to make a unique cigar here. I waited three weeks before my first and was pleasantly surprised to find it a solid medium body smoke with something (to me) very different. I waited another two weeks and tried a second.. and then just today a third... My biggest impression.. they're CREAMY! (Go figure). 15 years and countless cigars of all type and brands and this is my first CREAMY! I LIKE it! :-) 
    I've been smoking the torps (my preferred shape and size). The first were ever so slightly tight on the draw but after 5-6 weeks in my 'dor have opened up to a great easy draw with volumes of smoke. Just the way I like 'em. Slightly spicy / peppery for the first three or four puffs and then.. creamy!  They've picked up a little cedar from aging 'out of cello'. (I strip ALL my 'gars naked...) 
    I'm not one of those 'I detected the essence of lavender from the breast of a virgin goddess' kinda guy.. this is just a good, enjoyable, cigar with a great draw, even burn, and volumes of sweet smoke.  And freakin' creamy!
    I highly recommend you try the sampler and let them rest a little. And then enjoy. I'll be ordering more! ( I hear a rumor there's an oscuro in the future.. I'll be ALL OVER those! :-) )

• Options
    crap... I shoulda jumped while they were on sale ... more snow coming tomorrow, so I gotta keep Charles happy with cigars

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devil site has them
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter