Home General Discussion
Options

Going to Mexico.

I'm going to Mexico in May. Riviera Maya. Any tips as to where/how to score good cigars there? Non tourist trap types.

Comments

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't drink the water
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Don't eat fruit or vegetables washed in the water
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    LCDH shops are your only trusted source but they come with a price. I think there's one there.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    If your talking C.C.'s, I think the LCDH may be in Playa Del Carmen. Don't buy'em off the beach or in the shops inside the hotels. The hotel we stayed at (Iberostar) had a guy rolling cigars at the hotel. Those cigars were good. They were Mexican not Cuban but still very good cigars. Otherwise, bring your own.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Keep in mind everyone is selling a fake. Just say no to plexiglass boxes, banged up sticks, and high prices. 

You will need to go to a legit brick and mortar to get real Cubans.

Enjoy that warmth and safe travels!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casa is really the only place to get CC's or well the store when you get off of the plane in the airport. Stay away from the guys at the resort. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    subtlehustlesubtlehustle Posts: 33
    I'm not necessarily looking for cubans, Just local, good, fresh, real, reputable, unique etc...
  • Options
    subtlehustlesubtlehustle Posts: 33
    This is the second discussion where ppl thought I was looking for cubans, ha!