Home Non Cigar Related

Super Bowl Halftime

Llado1Llado1 Posts: 62 ✭✭
hey fellow BOTLs! First post in this thread and since it's just around the corner, thought I might want to ask your guy's opinion on who you think would be a good gig for the halftime show? I got the idea of this question because of the recent passing of Glenn Frey and I thought damn the Eagles would've been magical at halftime.

Also, what's been the most memorable or best halftime show for you?
I can still remember when I was young watching Janet Jackson get her shirt ripped opened by JT. Haha I think that was my first time.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgan Freeman reading the Lord of the Rings.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Justin Moore. He puts on a hell of a show

Wish Cash was still around to do ragged old flag
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    It's not a paying gig. In fact, whoever does SB halftime now has to PAY the NFL. Not sure how much but it's steep. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Sabbath? Deep Purple? Rush? Soundgarden?
    I think the best was Tom Petty
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw Ozzy, Alice and the like in their prime and scare the hell outta everyone. 

I can listen to hank williams then throw in some black sabbath and then turn around and play some classical. Can listen to almost anything but hip hop and gangsta rap. Now fat boys and run dmc I liked
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Black Sabbath? Deep Purple? Rush? Soundgarden?
    I think the best was Tom Petty
    Yes. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were great. Heard so many people complain about the old people music. Really? You prefer boy bands to classic rock? Gtfo.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric Clapton would be mine. Agree that tom petty was very good.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Foo fighters. Been around long enough for everyone to know them, but still relevant enough to not be an "old" band. And they just freaking rock. Walk could be introduced as a post NFL career theme song. Lol
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tool would rock
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Tool would rock

Yes, they would, but I'm not so sure about them willing to be family-friendly! Maynard just wore tidy whiteys for the show I saw. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout roger waters & eddie Vedder. Their version of comfortable numb, was awesome. Or willie Nelson &snoop
    Roll me up & smoke me when I die.  Best of old and new.

Well newer i guess 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fabulous Thunderbirds!