Home Non Cigar Related

Vancouver?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Qualified for MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) and the International Conference is in Vancouver in June. Trying to decide whether to go and/or take the wife. Anybody from the Great Northwest? Good place to visit? 
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vancouver BC or Vancouver, WA?  Both are nice. BC is better. 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's BC,very beautiful but 
    The cunucks suck 
    The hockey team not the people 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Vancouver, BC is one of my favorite cities. Very cosmopolitan, good restaurants, fantastic scenery. I have a weakness for northwest Indian art. Their woodcarving is wonderful...

If if you go, be sure to set aside time to take the cable car up to Grouse Mountain.  It's well worth it. 

Another thing to try to see is the Capilano Bridge. It's a hanging bridge to a scenic park. I recommend it...
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't specify... it's Vancouver BC. Thanks for the feedback. Still deciding if we want to go.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding city, from the accounts I've heard. Never been there, though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Victoria is an awesome place, but if you can get time to take the ferry to Victoria and visit Butchart gardens and the miniature museum, its worth the time.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go just to kick my boot up on the table. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great place to go and you can't forget Vancouver Island with Victoria. Really good food and museums etc...
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you decide to go.  In about 90 minutes south.  I'll do my best to make it up.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Let me know if you decide to go.  In about 90 minutes south.  I'll do my best to make it up.  
    That would be awesome, Eric! I wondered how close it was to Bellingham. It would be worth the trip just to raise a glass and fire up a stick with you!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Echambers
    I might be in Bellingham in April.
    My brother has some wireless class at Sea-tac and my aunt lives in Bellingham, so he thought about going up to see her.
    Of course my brother picks a weekend that there are no home games fro the Mariners. :(
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was going there I would for sure go kayaking. There is bound to be outfitters leading tours, even for beginers.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If either of you end up making it let me know.  Would love to get together.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."