Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Significant news for diabetics.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Non Cigar Related
For anyone interested, this is great news for people with Type 1 diabetes.
I just hope they are able to confirm it and get it out to the people who really need it.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2015/09/10/First-patient-in-diabetes-trial-no-longer-needs-insulin-therapy/7831441887039/?spt=su&or=btn_fb

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. Shared this with my wife, who has been diabetic since age 18. It would be awesome if she could ditch the insulin needles. They've been working on this islet transplant stuff for a long time, but it definitely sounds like they are getting closer.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son is diabetic, so I tend to keep an eye on what they are working on.
    I've been watching this research for the past 5 years and when a friend told me about it, the research had not been released yet. Now that thay have released it to the press, I thought people should know about it. 

If things go well, they are hoping to be able to be able to have it an "experimental" procedure in the next 4 years. The problem is that the red tape, FDA and other variables may prolong its release to the general public. 

Here's hoping it all goes well.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.