Home General Discussion

Eddie and The Cruisers

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
On the way to work this morning the song On the dark side came on and made me think of Eddie and The Cruisers. Awesome flick. Anyone else remember the movie?

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic movie. Have seen it several times. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    When I was a youngin, my uncle loved that movie, every time I walked in his house it was on.....and I was there a lot! Lol
    great movie tho
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep great movie  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup!! I had, ok, have, both it and the sequel on VHS. I also have the soundtrack. I went to a wedding in RI in the town that John Cafferty (the actual singer) is from, he played the local bars often but sadly he was out of town that weekend so I didn't get to see him live :( 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Oh man, what memories. My best friend at the time was named Eddie. We were in Jr. high I believe and we watched that a few times. Good song. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to try and figure out that vherf thing tonight and then might have to watch it afterwards.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great movie. I love the scene on the rooftop when Eddie takes a simple riff from the piano player, and they work it into rock and roll. Reminds me of some jam sessions we had in Chicago.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Going to try and figure out that vherf thing tonight and then might have to watch it afterwards.
    Try clicking on this link: 

http://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ckieb7hgken9db3jbcfrif0coo8

Edit:  Oops, I guess it doesn't work unless you've downloaded the google hangouts app. Better read the first post to the Vherf thread like wiser heads have suggested. My bad....  :|
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Try clicking on this link: 

http://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ckieb7hgken9db3jbcfrif0coo8

Edit:  Oops, I guess it doesn't work unless you've downloaded the google hangouts app. Better read the first post to the Vherf thread like wiser heads have suggested. My bad....  :|
    Just think the few times I have got on nobody else was on ha. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time you want to experiment, Larry, text me @ 414-464-2018.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have sent that in a pm.. jus saying..  o:)
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to see John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown band in a small club back in 1985 when I was stationed at New River Jacksonville NC.  Still remember that concert, it has to be one of the best live shows I have ever been to. It was an awesome small nightclub venue concert.