Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron Damaso Robusto -- Quick Thoughts

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally fired one of these up last night; I know some of you ( @cbuck , @SleevePlz , @avengethis , @danielzreyes )  have been talking about this one and just wanted to share my thoughts.

By no means an official review, just my quick notes (copied and reformatted from the "Whatcha Smokin' Tonight" thread):

• It wasn't bad, but being a Padron I expected more.  
  • Good construction, and nice even burn from start to finish.

• VERY dry smoke.
  • Flavors were woody-ness and pepper spice...not much else going on.

• Smoke time right around 1 hr 30 mins, down to the nub. 

• VERDICT: I'll finish the rest of my 5-er but wouldn't buy any more, MSRP is wayyy too high on these.  There are other, much more interesting connies out there for half the price.
  • If you want a high end connie, you're better off grabbing a Davidoff IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I will be firing mine up here soon to check it out but your notes are what I figured.  A solid stick but not worth the price tag.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks John! My b & m steered me right then!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup kinda was told by many people don't bother. I'm a huge padron fan but when people say that much it just says save your money
    Money can't buy taste
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. Looks like I'll stay with my white labels.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the review
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • ChristusRexChristusRex Posts: 8
    My wife almost grabbed this the other night, but went with the Undercrown Shade from Drew. That was like smoking creamy coffee. Great smoke. Sad to hear this from Padron, though every company seems to have at least one stinker and up until now Padron didn't, so there you go.