Home Ratings & Reviews

Ave Maria Argentum

CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
Would anyone care to post a review about the new Ave Maria Argentum? After being left less than impressed with a few Ave Marias, mainly the Lionheart, Ark of the Covenant, Knights Templar, and St. George, I have a hard time pulling the trigger on anything Ave Maria now.
How do make this text turn upside down?
Tagged:

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I don't have the palate to do reviews, I either like or dislike. The 1 I've smoked was pretty good, not sure I would pay full price for a box but plan on picking them up on the daily deal. They well worth $24.99 for a 5er in my opinion. 
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CigarFanatic

BTW the 5pack is on sale for $24.99
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few. Only smoked one and it was pretty darn good.  I like most Ave Maria stuff though as AJ is the man behind the brand.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Just to be a voice of dissonance, I got a box anticipating great things and was sorely disappointed with the first one. I'm letting them sit a while before I try again. At this point I wouldn't buy again. Oh well one man's Opus is another man's Swisher...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO anything aj makes needs a year plus to smoke and truly get a sense of what it is. Others may argue with that but well that's what I think. Yes the new world is a solid stick for rott but what time does to many smokes is nothing but great
    Money can't buy taste
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of Ave Maria... but the Argentum is a tad on the coffee side on the wrapper for me. Real good cigar if you like that espresso. Odd thing, I drink espresso most every morning, half and half with half and half... but I just don't care for it in a cigar wrapper. Get enough cofee just from the Ave filler. Immaculata is a bit weak. Love the Crusader. Rich, smooth, cofee, leather, spice, balanced just right for my taste. That's my fave. Reconquista is too big for me to even try. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ChristusRexChristusRex Posts: 8
    The Argentum is my favorite Ave, though to be honest I haven't tried the Divina yet. It is a great Med-Full bodied smoke. You can't go wrong, at least I haven't with these thus far. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I've had the original Reconquista and the normal line both of which I've very much enjoyed but haven't tried the others. The OR Reconquista is still of the best full bodied ligero bombs out there for my palate and in the normal line the short double preferido size that reminds me of Flying Pig size (think they call it St. George maybe?) is my fav, think it's a great represntation as a Vitola for the blend. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I've only had one Ave Maria and it was good but nothing I'd track down or buy boxes of. They are solid smokes for the money though so I can see why people go for them so much
    Money can't buy taste
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been pretty happy with all things Ave Maria, that said, I do tend to wait for sales.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain