Home Cigar 101

Interesting read on controlling beetles.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    opened the link, tried to read through it .... but the document seemed to focus on 1) US facilities and 2) cigarette tobacco.

other than the table at the top of the page, what info on here relates to cigars?

not trying to be confrontational, just genuinely curious if i was reading it correctly....perhaps i missed something?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?  No gif?  First post ever with no gif.  I was expecting some witty beetle thingie.  :-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you go @peter4jc someone always has you covered around here !
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha...  next time, do it without having to be told, Gibby.  Take some initiative, would ya?  :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    opened the link, tried to read through it .... but the document seemed to focus on 1) US facilities and 2) cigarette tobacco.

other than the table at the top of the page, what info on here relates to cigars?

not trying to be confrontational, just genuinely curious if i was reading it correctly....perhaps i missed something?
    The focus was on beetles and the control measures used to stop them. Many have asked about freezing and what not and there is some interesting info contained on the heartiness of said beetles and the measures used to mitigate their destruction. May be boring to some but I found it interesting.  
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

The focus was on beetles and the control measures used to stop them. Many have asked about freezing and what not and there is some interesting info contained on the heartiness of said beetles and the measures used to mitigate their destruction. May be boring to some but I found it interesting.  
    Yes, the freezing info was useful. Even though it wasn't specifically pertaining to cigars. Not a lot of info out there on freezing cigars. You gotta take what you can get as far as data on freezing.  
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje and AJ Fernandez are two manufacturers that freeze prior to shipping. I know that the My Father factory in Nica does not so all the products made there (MF, Tats, Lats, Crowned Heads) are subject to beetles if they are not stored at proper conditions. Also illusione I have seen susceptible to beetles so I assume they do not freeze either
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

ok.
    i tried to read it first thing this morning before i had coffee (mistake).

going to revisit it now that i'm feeling a little more awake lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    All I think of without reading it is low temp low humidity let me know if I'm right
    Money can't buy taste
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    You're right. Whatever it is ........., you're right.